New Member Needs Help

Hello, im a new member and im still struggling to achieve things on the site! :wallbash: Firstly, what is a 'blog'? And how/why do I create one? :hmm: Also Ive been trying to create a gallery with some pics of a few of my working dogs on it but I cant move them over from 'My Documents' as im told they are 'Too large' ???

I need a drink!!! :drink:

Any feedback will be very gratefully accepted

Many thanks

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Hullo, mate. As it said above ye Post, even as ye typed it, under " Member Information ";

" The blog system available on the forum, for anyone wishing to share an account of their day to day hunting & fieldsports over the days or years, (is) in effect an online diary you share with others. "

That's that sorted out then.

As for ye pictures. Check out ye cameras manual and find how to set the size of what ye taking with it to " VGA " setting. That'll stop it taking shots the size of a bill board. There's really no reason on earth to display a Megabyte or more of snap shot on a forum. This place'll only shrivel them up again anyway, but it causes shit as it does so.

Mheanwhile, for the overly large shots ye have? Go Here and get that. It's free and perfectly harmless. I've had it for years now.

Go to SETTINGS. Top line. Set it to 500 / 500 / Resize Best Fit. That'll produce ye copies of ye originals, but they'll be of a more sensible proportion. Try loading those up instead.

:good:

Guest friedrice
Hello, im a new member and im still struggling to achieve things on the site! :wallbash: Firstly, what is a 'blog'? And how/why do I create one? :hmm: Also Ive been trying to create a gallery with some pics of a few of my working dogs on it but I cant move them over from 'My Documents' as im told they are 'Too large' ???

I need a drink!!! :drink:

Any feedback will be very gratefully accepted

Many thanks

im new to mate, and to me its hell trying to work it all out.

ive asked a bit in the general section, and so far so good :yes: .

maybe you should try there for the info you need.

Hullo, mate. As it said above ye Post, even as ye typed it, under " Member Information ";

" The blog system available on the forum, for anyone wishing to share an account of their day to day hunting & fieldsports over the days or years, (is) in effect an online diary you share with others. "

That's that sorted out then.

As for ye pictures. Check out ye cameras manual and find how to set the size of what ye taking with it to " VGA " setting. That'll stop it taking shots the size of a bill board. There's really no reason on earth to display a Megabyte or more of snap shot on a forum. This place'll only shrivel them up again anyway, but it causes shit as it does so.

Mheanwhile, for the overly large shots ye have? Go Here and get that. It's free and perfectly harmless. I've had it for years now.

Go to SETTINGS. Top line. Set it to 500 / 500 / Resize Best Fit. That'll produce ye copies of ye originals, but they'll be of a more sensible proportion. Try loading those up instead.

:good:

Thanks alot mate, i've managed to use that program to upload my pictures, i've created an album but i can't get it on to the gallery. Could you help me? Many thanks. :notworthy::thumbs: