barking pup

i have recently just got a new bitch she is 5month old and a cracking dog the only think that lets her down his everytime i let her out she barks like mad and its starting to do me head in and want it to stop before the neighbours start complaining AS THEY DO !. It's either shape up or ship out but dont realy want to that as she is a cracker any advice please ferretuk

I don't know about barking running around!

but...............

My bitch used to whine in the kennel so I sat around the corner from the kennel with a bucket of cold water and when she started whining! :boogie: BOSH she had it!

Hour later she started whining again BOSH She had it again!!!

She's never whined since!

by the way remeber to dry your bitch don't leave her wet for to long 5-10 so the message sinks in!!!

:thumbs::boxing:

Has the pup got Collie blood in her? They are very bark inclined when they are pups: just playing. DON'T for God's sake stick an anti bark collar on a pup that is playing: that would be downright cruel and confuse her totally.

We've got one at the moment that loves to play and bark, barks at the sparrows, barks for the hell of it: doing my head in a bit LOL. But I know she'll grow out of it.

If your's is kenneled, when you let her out, play with her, throw a tennis ball for her, engage her in play with you, and say "Quiet!" when she barks. Don't shout at her, and if she starts barking at you turn your back and ignore her for a few moments; a lot of the barking is an invitation to play with some pups. Try and keep the games low key and quiet: the quieter and calmer you are with her the calmer she'll be as well.

Best thing to do is to take her out for a little walk each time you let her out of the kennel: even if it's only round the block and back: it will give her something to do, things to see and even steady lead walking (if you can't let her run loose where you live) will calm her down.

Hope this helps.