.22-250 group pic

Hi was up the farm today to check my zero on my steyr ssg police .22-250

Was quite a nice day but by the time i was set up and ready to shoot 2 3 shot groups to check my zero the wind started to get up. Thought i'd still shoot a group and check how much the wind influenced the 55grain soft points over 100yds. You can see the influence of the wind on the group, stringing it out a bit. The wind was very strong when i fired the sixth round and you can see where it hit!!

With no wind my steyr is a 1 hole machine at 100yds!!

ATB

Daz

:D :D

post-13646-1203093978_thumb.jpg

Hi was up the farm today to check my zero on my steyr ssg police .22-250

Was quite a nice day but by the time i was set up and ready to shoot 2 3 shot groups to check my zero the wind started to get up. Thought i'd still shoot a group and check how much the wind influenced the 55grain soft points over 100yds. You can see the influence of the wind on the group, stringing it out a bit. The wind was very strong when i fired the sixth round and you can see where it hit!!

With no wind my steyr is a 1 hole machine at 100yds!!

ATB

Daz

:D :D

top stuff is that with factory ammo ? ;)

Yep SAKO 55 grain soft point factory ammo.

ATB

Daz

have you tryed other factory ammo in it mate ? if so how was the groupings

im intrested in a 22/250 and wanted to no if you have found it ammo fusy

or does it fire most factory ammo well :thumbs:

Hi sniper,how do you find the .22-250cal,as I have a space on my cert for one.I was in a gun shop in Bristol and was told that it is an exceptionally loud round and has a hell of a kick.So,what would you say to that mate,as I have been put off a bit,and,would like to be reassured. :thumbs: martin.

Have found that my steyr ssg police in .22-250 fires factory SAKO and FEDERAL rounds very very well and the group sizes are very good at less than 1" at 100yds.

The .22-250 uses a bigger case and more powder than a .223 but is also a lot faster and flatter.

It also produces more muzzle energy and is truly awesome on foxes out to 400+yds.

As it uses more powder it does have slightly more recoil than a .223 but it is still managable.

Nothing like a .270 or .308 at all !

In still conditions the group i shot today would have been a 1 hole group.

The groups i can get really do give you the confidence and with practice-ability to confidently take long range foxes.

HTH

ATB

Daz

:D

Have found that my steyr ssg police in .22-250 fires factory SAKO and FEDERAL rounds very very well and the group sizes are very good at less than 1" at 100yds.

The .22-250 uses a bigger case and more powder than a .223 but is also a lot faster and flatter.

It also produces more muzzle energy and is truly awesome on foxes out to 400+yds.

As it uses more powder it does have slightly more recoil than a .223 but it is still managable.

Nothing like a .270 or .308 at all !

In still conditions the group i shot today would have been a 1 hole group.

The groups i can get really do give you the confidence and with practice-ability to confidently take long range foxes.

HTH

ATB

Daz

have you a mod on it mate as i bet that lowers the recoil loads. and the bang :yes:

a friend of mine said there isnt that much difference in the noise between 223 modded and 22/250 modded ? is theis right you no ?

Hi sniper,how do you find the .22-250cal,as I have a space on my cert for one.I was in a gun shop in Bristol and was told that it is an exceptionally loud round and has a hell of a kick.So,what would you say to that mate,as I have been put off a bit,and,would like to be reassured. :thumbs: martin.

It is very loud unmoderated. As for it being 'a hell of a kick'... well, if you have only ever fired a 22LR then maybe. It kicks, you can feel it. But that's it. My other half is pretty small, she loves it and now she has fired it doesn't mind at all (before she fired it, it was 'loud and scary, and will it hurt my shoulder?' :))

Have got a slot for a mod but haven't bought 1 yet as the farmer says he isn't bothered by the noise.

The bullet usually hits the fox before it can hear the bang anyway

ATB

Daz

get a mod on it mate. as i bet it isnt going to do your hearing much good after a bit :thumbs: