rat snaring

Peg & Gun long since showed us about all ye need to know, Beags. Use the Search or go back to the start of this board and trawl foreward, mate.
go onto the pinned section at the top of the main page , and you will see rat snaring by gs waters how to set the benders in detail along with the snares , you will also see good clear pictures of the snaring methods put up by peg and gun, i wouldn,t bother with fishing monofil line as they will bite through it , either use two strands of brass rabbit snare wire , stainless steel , or trace wire , anything that is thin and strong and runs fast.
Peg & Gun long since showed us about all ye need to know, Beags. Use the Search or go back to the start of this board and trawl foreward, mate.
go onto the pinned section at the top of the main page , and you will see rat snaring by gs waters how to set the benders in detail along with the snares , you will also see good clear pictures of the snaring methods put up by peg and gun, i wouldn,t bother with fishing monofil line as they will bite through it , either use two strands of brass rabbit snare wire , stainless steel , or trace wire , anything that is thin and strong and runs fast.

i was thinkin of usin 2 strands of wire

according to matt the rat , thier necks will be broken and therefore will now be able to bit thru anything :whistling:

according to matt the rat , thier necks will be broken and therefore will now be able to bit thru anything :whistling:

And according to Moley a rubber elestrator ring around the neck is humane! :whistling:

And anti-coagulants are cruel :whistling:

When do rats chew through the wire? Before, or after the trigger has sprung???

And according to Moley a rubber elestrator ring around the neck is humane! :whistling:

And anti-coagulants are cruel :whistling:

When do rats chew through the wire? Before, or after the trigger has sprung???

the rats will chew through the snare wire at times before its sprung if certain requirements are not met , then they will chew through the snares after they have been caught , if the snares have not been set properly, and thats hard fact from experience and seeing it happen,
heres 2 i made one with one strand of wire in half so to bits twisted round together

and the other has 2 strands if you get me?

how they look?

they are alright beagles you will catch rats with them , i was using a lot like that last week , plus some single and double stainless steel wires , got a lot of good heavy big rats , never took a tape measure with me, so thats null and void with ditchy,s rules .