Rat shooting

sambo123

i shoot rats on my farm from a parked tractor. just at last light. so i dont use any lamp. it seems that is when they start venturing out. only prob is that you only get about 20 mins shooting, then its too dark. however, if you can be botherd going out with a lamp i would say any time, i see them late when checking cows but they tend to scarper, any noise and they are off. make sure your main aim of sight is along a wall, they always keep close to a wall. good luck

tonetone

im on the verge of getting some permission to shoot rats and had 2 plans of attack

1. ive got a battery powered lantern that gives out quite low light i was going to use blended cat food and put the lantern on a small stand just off the ground (so i don't put pellet through it) and sit in wait

2. ive also got a striker with red filter and was going to put a piece of paper with a small hole in it under the filter to make it even dimmer and then just quietly walk around

what do u experiencd lads think??

cheers

dan