Morning guys just a quick update on the bullfinch chicks. I've ended up with 4 out of 5 so not bad for last years birds. Cock bird can't fault him tending on the hen & young. Hens the same great little hen. Looks like there's 3 pastels & 1 normal from the looks of their eyes. 

Edited by Bangersanmash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sambo123 said:

I've got a pair of sibs that are ready to go down. Did you remove eggs and put em all back at once or just leave em to it? Cheers

Dummy eggs mate then set them all together 

59 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Dummy eggs mate then set them all together 

Got a pair of sibs and a pair of natives. Put pans in today and coconut fiber and within a minute they all picked up nesting material and the cocks trod the hens

1 hour ago, sambo123 said:

Got a pair of sibs and a pair of natives. Put pans in today and coconut fiber and within a minute they all picked up nesting material and the cocks trod the hens

Happy days mate. Bully's have a way of bring your highs to lows 😆 🤣. Depending who you got them off too. The fella I bought these birds off. Leaves his birds to do their own thing in the aviaries. Doesn't put any birds under feeders even if the young get left by parents. It's one of them things.. He's a big believer in letting the parents do the job and if not then their no good. That's how you get strong blood and good genetics. This cock bird goes to nest feeds the young with the hen at the same time. Then he takes the youngs shit sacks away to the otherside of the fight. Nothing on the nest what so ever crazy. 

53 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Happy days mate. Bully's have a way of bring your highs to lows 😆 🤣. Depending who you got them off too. The fella I bought these birds off. Leaves his birds to do their own thing in the aviaries. Doesn't put any birds under feeders even if the young get left by parents. It's one of them things.. He's a big believer in letting the parents do the job and if not then their no good. That's how you get strong blood and good genetics. This cock bird goes to nest feeds the young with the hen at the same time. Then he takes the youngs shit sacks away to the otherside of the fight. Nothing on the nest what so ever crazy. 

Yeah ive heard they keep the nest immaculate mate. I know, good start for me but that's only the first hurdle. Fingers crossed 

Sam

• Like 1