escaped bullock running riot

hi all , i had a phone call from the local abattoir this morning saying that a bullock had escaped and was causing alot of damage and running riot around the industrial estate and had injured 2 people already, and could i come and deal with it.

after putting the phone down from them it rang again it was the police and they said the same could i come a deal with and that they had been trying to pen it in but it keeps running off. i said leave it alone to settle down and that i would be there within half an hour, then i remembered my rifle was at the gunsmiths for a service, so i had to call my mate to see if he could come with me so i could borrow his rifle, he said yes and i said i would be there in 10 minutes to pick him up.

on arrival where the bullock was, there were loads of people watching ,after showing the vet and the police my( FAC) and slaughterman licence i asked for the people to be moved because i have had it before when i have been called out to the same thing where people have threatened me and tried spitting at me,also running in front of the rifle , so after they were moved it was down to business ,by this time the bullock had walked down to some waste ground at the back of the estate where there was a steep bank, so it was a good back stop if i missed .

i let it settle a bit more then drove the truck very slowly down to where i could get a good safe shot, got about 200yards off it and it looked up and started walking off so i drove down to within about 150 yards of it and that was as close has he was going to allow me to get ,by this time he was very restless he kept swaying from side to side and shaking his head so i sat in the truck for 5 mins while he settled again. i got out the truck from the passenger side got the rifle out and put it on the bonnet of the landrover

he then started to stare at me and get restless and then i knew why the vet decide to walk up behind me so he could see what was going on (what a tw*t) i had just got it settled down and he decided he was missing out and wanted a better view but lucky enough the bullock just stared at us so i got comfortable on the bonnet ready to take the shot .the bullock had his head down grazing and looking straight at us with one eye on us, while he was grazing .

the shot was perfect so i put the cross hairs on the middle of his fore head and squeezed the trigger and Bang! he fell then there was a nice shot from the vet .then the lads from the abattoir came and dealt with him .here is a couple of pics, the rifle I used was a 243 :gunsmilie:....

bull004.jpg

bull001.jpg

nice one mate.......les said your so tough!!! :11: :11: :yahoo:

tell him, dont forget i have seen him shoot, we could have had another one in the bag on sunday if he could shoot straight :oops: :lol::tongue2:

How could a Bullock that size injure anyone??....Seems a waste but if that was the only way of capturing it :thumbs: ..We had a 13 month old belgian blue cross escape,it was runing loose for around 3 or so days before we managed to safely get hold of him after he knocked variuos fences down and was running with the dairy cows of a nearby farm

How could a Bullock that size injure anyone??....Seems a waste but if that was the only way of capturing it :thumbs: ..We had a 13 month old belgian blue cross escape,it was runing loose for around 3 or so days before we managed to safely get hold of him after he knocked variuos fences down and was running with the dairy cows of a nearby farm
he's big enough to do anyone a injury i think its when they get to the abbatour and they smell death that sends them cuckoo. i dont think they would of wasted him i persume the slaughterman stuck him and the vet will look him over when they skin him out and see weather to condem or pass the meat.
he's big enough to do anyone a injury i think its when they get to the abbatour and they smell death that sends them cuckoo. i dont think they would of wasted him i persume the slaughterman stuck him and the vet will look him over when they skin him out and see weather to condem or pass the meat.

for mc donalds bse burgers :blink::laugh::laugh:

:clapper: Nice one wag at least everything went to plan with a nice clean kill :thumbs:

thanks david, you never know mate you might get a chance when you come down with millet mate :11: