LOOKS LIKE SNARING WILL BE BANNED

It looks very likely that snaring is going to be banned in Scotland. See my last post on how to help prevent this from happenning.

Dont say yuo werent warned :wallbash:

well they have no one to blame but themselves , as i told you in my pm , two hundred submissives from thousands of members , they sit back on their arses as usual and leave it to the regular few that does the work , but its not going to stop me , i,ll still snare until they put me in a box , the gun ban didn,t work as there are more guns on the streets than ever , the cash for favour squaud debated 700 hours on a silly fox , while the country is awash with murders , drugs, alcoholism, sexual imorality , under age pregnancies, and anarchay , does this not tell the people something,

Spot on snareman .The British as a whole nation are very keen to sit back and let the usual few shout it out ,hoping that it will be enough and burying heads in the sand at the thought of what might be.I dont particularly like the French but when it comes to action they dont give an inch on their beliefs :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Its worth trying to stop a ban tho is it not?

The more emails that MSPs get the more they will realise that there is more than just the antis side to the story.

Its all very well saying that you will keep snaring :clapper: anyways but I for one would rather do it legally.

Its worth trying to stop a ban tho is it not?

The more emails that MSPs get the more they will realise that there is more than just the antis side to the story.

Its all very well saying that you will keep snaring :clapper: anyways but I for one would rather do it legally.

Can you let us have the email address BD and the name of the guy. I admit I fear the worst, these b*****ds have money behind them. It's them we should be snaring. They can't leave anything alone. I mean cormorants and starlings protected what next, badgers? ( :laugh: ) just kidding.

perhaps the agriculture guys are worth contacting, surely defra won't want snaring banned. I'll send a few emails off tonight, and remember chaps Keep it polite. Its gonna be a fight :boxing:

Below is a post from Big Dug on another thread in the forum re: snaring in Scotland and a critcsism of the Scottish Association for Countrysports and my response!! Also below is a reply from Ian Clark the Director of SACS As you can see Ian's a wee bit more diplomatic than me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks Tom. Please post the following:

From Ian Clark, Director of the Scottish Association for Country Sports

I have been asked to comment on the post made by ‘Big Dug’ on the snaring issue which has for some reason appeared in this thread.

Firstly, I agree with Big Dug, to the extent that there is currently a consultation exercise being carried out, and one possible outcome could be the banning of snaring in Scotland. This consultation has once again been provoked by pressure from the League Against Cruel Sports and similar extremist groups.

All of us who work for country sports in Scotland are well aware of this consultation, and are taking an active part in the consultation in our own ways. I see that Big Dug has pasted a large amount of text from one of the Countryside Alliance newsletters, which urges their members to contact their MSP’s and show support for the retention of snaring. I fully support their efforts, and hope that they help in some way, however small.

However, the fact that Big Dug “hasn’t seen SACS doing anything about this yet†only means that he doesn’t know what we are doing, not that we are not doing anything.

In fact, I know from long experience that routine mailings to MSP’s have little or no effect - half of them are binned without being read and I rarely waste my time and resources on such bulk mailings. I also have serious reservations about the stance taken by some other organisations on these consultations - to me, they appear to only try to keep what little we have left, and are purely defensive - they wait till someone tries to ban yet another part of our sports, and then try to stop them.

I take a different view entirely - that our sports have been eroded time and again by the effective propaganda machines that the extremist “anti†organisations have, and that we should be on the attack to regain what we have lost, not just keep what little we have left.

I am currently in quiet private discussions with individual MSP’s - the ones who I think will decide what the government policy will be in the future - on the snaring consultation, hunting with dogs and other vital aspects of country sports.

My view is that MSP’s have been misled by propaganda, and they are beginning to agree. I am providing them with sensible, unbiased information, not just to keep what we still have, but to regain some of the freedom we have lost over the past decade. For the record, I want to see far less restrictions on snaring, not more, and the legalization once more of hunting foxes and other quarry species with dogs where it can be shown that this would be an effective and humane way of taking them.

That is what SACS members want - a return to common sense - and that is what SACS is doing.

Good hunting

Ian Clark

________________________________________________________________________________

BIG DUG

IN CASE ANY OF YOU DONT ALREADY KNOW!

We are facing a ban on snaring up here in Scotland - Seems terrible that there is very little mention of it on this message board.

The LEAGUE AGAINST CRUEL SPORTS has been asking all its folk to email MSPs to ban snaring. Us lot should be telling them not to imho.

Here is something from the SCA newsletter:

And before all you SACS folks start moaning, I havnt seen them doing anything about this yet so you will just have to read this from SCA.

“SNARING IS OFTEN THE ONLY OPTION!â€

Tell your MSP!

The SCA has been actively lobbying Holyrood on the importance of snaring, and each MSP has now received a briefing paper on the subject both by email and hard copy.

Ross Montague of the SCA commented “the positive feedback that we have received from individual MSPs has been encouraging, but we now need to let them know that we have weight of numbers behind us. Members, supporters and others who feel strongly about the need to retain snaring as legal form of pest control must now let their MSPs know.â€

“The SCA is concerned that, should snaring be banned, yet another vital pest control tool will be removed. There are many upland areas (grouse moors and their fringes in particular) where snaring is the only practical, viable and legal option for control of foxesâ€.

The League Against Cruel Sports and Advocates for Animals have been actively encouraging their supporters to email MSPs to call for a ban on snaring.

The SCA is now calling on all of you, our members, supporters and anyone else to email MSPs and tell them about the biodiversity and economic problems that a ban on snaring would cause.

Some Points you may wish to raise in your email:

• Snaring plays an important role in land management and ultimately in sustainable economic and social development of rural communities. Without snares, foxes and rabbits could inflict significantly greater damage on economic activities as diverse as agriculture, forestry and eco-tourism, all of which rely on a managed countryside.

• Scotland’s countryside managers operate to the highest standards and demonstrate best practice at all times. And already work to many industry codes of practice.

• A well-designed snare, set correctly, is a highly effective method of restraining foxes and rabbits until they can be humanely dispatched, and where other techniques such as trapping or shooting are neither suitable nor effective

• The game shooting industry is worth £240 million per annum to the Scottish economy

Click on the following link to find the contact details for your constituency and regional MSPs: www.scottish.parliament.uk/msp/membersPages/msplocator.htm

PLEASE FORWARD THIS HEATHER ROUTES ARTICLE ON TO ANYONE ELSE THAT YOU THINK CAN HELP! The more emails the better!

We would appreciate being copied in on any interesting replies that you may receive!

Please pass these on to ross-montague@countryside-alliance.org. Also please email Monty should you require any further information about snaring and our campaign.

Foxgun Tom

Mega Hunter

Hijacked Thread

SAC's Membership and Insurance

Above is what this thread was about!!, Hijacking threads and topics has always been a tactic of the antis which is undoubtably frowned upon, here you have someone doing the same, while!! having a snidey go at another organisation he knows feck all about, I was a member of the SCA and I know the majority of it inner circle personally How many of them are! or where members of SACs and can say the same?? There most recent Chief Executive (Tony Andrews) (and he's a feckin dutchman) once described nationalism as petty and parochial and that we Scots get away from this wee bit hill and glen Mentality) There is now a Scottish Nationalist Government in Holyrood, Does the Scottish Countryside Alliance think comments like that will endear them to anyone in this new Scotland, The SCA (a devolved organisation) is seen as being derogatory to some scots because it describes Scotland as a region in its litrature and its sometimes perceived right wing attitude

The Scottish Countryside Alliance what a fecking joke!! there is no such organisation? Its the Countryside Alliance!! This is the same organisation that asked for support when the hunting ban was deliberated in Scotland they put up a minimal defence and then abandoned their appeal because foxhunting is safe up here, After they abandoned their appeal!! the ony people who were badly affected by hunting restrictions in Scotland were ordinary Lurcher and terrier men, who had no access to firearms, The Scottish Association for Countrysports has actively been promoting the continued use of snares and their legal use and I personally have been to one Scottish Member of Parliaments office discussing the issue (Monday 4/2/08) as well as discussing for two hours on the phone to another MSP (a personal friend) who's husband is a director of one of Scotlands pest control firms

Don't give the impression that SAC's is doing feck all re: snares or hijack a thread because former members of The Scottish Countryside Alliance are joinining us in ever increasing numbers

You want us to join in your and your campaign and your campaign alone, look what happened to us the last time, Scottish Lurcher and Terrier men got stuffed. Your last Chief Executive in Scotland has recently walked out on the SCA and he was a proven liar and who also stated to me personally there was no room for certain working dog activities (Coursing, Staghunting etc:

I'll reiterate SACs are actively involved in the current situation, As for supporting the Scottish Countryside Alliance I'd rather take a good kicking to the "BOLLOCKS" If I were to align myself to any other organistion outwith SACs on this issue it"" would be the SGA (Scottish Gamekeepers Association.)

Tom

Ps:

Tell Wee Monty I was asking for him (Ross Montague) Is that a Toff a Tweeds brigade name or just Old school??

Pps:

Everyone knows of my affilation and support for SACs and its no secret and who I am you!! on the other hand are always in support of the SCA ( thats your right and your entitled to it) but I just wonder if your an official spokesperson for the SCA?? please let us all know! Me!! I'm a lowly sac's member who volounteers his services and if the Countryside Alliance were honest and kept their promises, instead of milking money and support of ordinary guys to keep the eletists in the organisation going. I might still be doing the same for them???

This post has been edited by Foxgun Tom: Yesterday, 04:38 PM

--------------------

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here;

My heart's in the Highlands a-chasing the deer;

A-chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe,

My heart's in the Highlands wherever I go.

I cant beleive this.

All I am trying to do is get folk to help to save snaring and all i get is abuse!

Ok so maybe I shouldnt have posted in the SACS membership forum, it was not the correct thread to talk about snaring in. Why go off your head at me though. Chr*st I am only trying to do the right thing.

I have never, ever, everh heard of SACS being involved in the snaring debate. And I stand by that comment, but now I also stand corrected if I beleave Ian Clarke when he says he is trying to do something. Good on him, everybody else should be too! At least now we know what they are doing, which was my aim by posting in that thread in the first place, everybody is happy now.

And yes I am a member of the Scottish Countryside Alliance, its my choice, I dont have to take a lecture from Foxgun Tom or anyone else about it.

Lastly no, I wont give my name or personal details. I use lots of internet forums and have never had to give my personal details or name, thats not what the internet is about.

Why where you making sure that SACs was helping in the snaring fight. as far as I'm aware your not even a member?? Your only aim?? as I see it was to drum up support for The Countryside Alliance and a campaign their running?? after allready kicking ordinary Lurcher/Terriermen in Scotland in the bollocks re: Hunting with dogs here!!!

And where was the abuse?? certainly not from Ian Clark!!! All you got from me was a truthfull response with regard to the Countryside Alliance in Scotland. You clearly started the issue by hijacking the thread, it was pretty niave of you to think I would'nt respond to an issue re: SACS

Tom

Ps:

Nobody is going off their head :hmm: You made a comment on The Scottish Association for Countrysports that was based on a lack of knowledge, the comment was also based on you drumming up support for the Countryside Alliance as a member!!! and no one gave you a lecture?? Everything in my response was based on fact!! Throughout the year I meet many ordinary members of the SCA/CA who are disatisfied with that organisation, simply because of the issues in my earlier response, thats why they leave the SCA/CA and join the Scottish Association for Countrysports

This is not about any of that. Its just about trying to stop a ban on snaring.

I have spoken to 3 of my local MSPs and I hope that other folk will try to do somehing like that to.

Personally I dont care which group helps and I dont want to "drum up support" for any of them, i just want to save snaring so that I can save my barley from f8ckin rabbits.

The rest of what you say is irrelevant.

BIG DUG

i fully support thos who would fight the ban on snaring,but consider this,who the hell is going to know if you are snaring? and secondly if the scots want independance this is the trade off ime sad to say.and thirdly if you scotts dont get behind this campaign to keep snaring you will lose the right to snare full stop,and it wont stop there,my sport was banned in th 60's no one kicked up a stink then! dont let it happen again!

is there a petition running to downing street or the scotts equivilent?

i fully support thos who would fight the ban on snaring,but consider this,who the hell is going to know if you are snaring? and secondly if the scots want independance this is the trade off ime sad to say.and thirdly if you scotts dont get behind this campaign to keep snaring you will lose the right to snare full stop,and it wont stop there,my sport was banned in th 60's no one kicked up a stink then! dont let it happen again!

is there a petition running to downing street or the scotts equivilent?

I'm afraid it won't stop up here mate.

The poll tax was brought out in Scotland first as was the smoking in pubs ban, and many other less noticable things. They use it to test the water.

Personally I don't know who to contact, but wouldn't mind a pm if anyone has any info.

If they do anything in Scotland, it'll filter down to you if it decided by the powers that be, that it is a success.

Incidentally, I have it from an excellent source, that it is only fox snares that it applies to, (at the moment), and that they are unlikely to ban them altogether, rather they will probably have to have a fixed stop, and possibly be tagged, so as to be attributable to someone. :thumbs:

Guest jackson

how can any one ban it, i couldent ban gays,so what right have they got to ban snares.

each to theyer own. if it ever happend down my way id be ok spent the last 12 months teaching our local bobby

how to catch rabbits in them . its a funny word we live in these days, no sence any more

Foxgun I don't want to detract from the issue at stake here but I don't see why you and a director from SACs waste your time, and those responses must have taken a considerable time to write, attacking a poster on the forum who is trying to raise awareness and how one could go about contacting their MSP to register their discontent. If I were in a position to want to join the SACs this would seriously put me off. It's easy to talk some spiel on a forum, but at the end of the day what matters is results and if a director of SACs is so concerned with point scoring over another that they are not putting the effort they could be into getting those results.