Morning guys just thought I'd share a few of the goldfiches I've paired and pairing for the coming season. Many pieds and none visual pieds. Few diffrent mutations as you can see. Few of the bottom cages are getting slowly introduced few hours together then split off again. Sometimes a full morning then sometimes an afternoon till morning. Once a see them both accepting each other's company and not seeing bickering like you do. Then a will leave them. You'll find with the goldfiches you've to be very careful because the cock birds can stop the hens from feeding and hens can do the same if they pick it up too. You'll notice this when they go to feed and knock each other off the food source. Doesn't matter which feeder either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MrsChamp606 said:

Stunners mate 

Try my best 👌 Cleaned all my cages out yesterday & flights which im Glad I did to be fair. Because under the cages when a lifted them up to take outside to jet wash down was a big dirty hole from what the rats had made the horrible dirty b*****ds chewed through the flooring of my shed & not only that chewed the bottom of my storage cupboards which my pvc foam cages sit on. You can see the teeth marks on the pvc foam , so definitely identified as a  rats doing. Anyway the flooring & the cupboards are Nicely filled up for the come breeding season. 

13 hours ago, MrsChamp606 said:

Get the bait and traps down mate! Never a dull minute with the rodents! 

Caught the b*****d last night big old male. A want the female that's most probably with him now. Last night my live trap went off. My lad heard it through his bedroom window when on xbox. A went out trap triggered off but nothing in it. Just hoping it's not youngens maybe a mouse. But can't see a mouse knocking that plate down. Will see tonight set up a few nippers too plus the fenns back up. That's what a caught the male on last night. 

10 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Caught the b*****d last night big old male. A want the female that's most probably with him now. Last night my live trap went off. My lad heard it through his bedroom window when on xbox. A went out trap triggered off but nothing in it. Just hoping it's not youngens maybe a mouse. But can't see a mouse knocking that plate down. Will see tonight set up a few nippers too plus the fenns back up. That's what a caught the male on last night. 

Brilliant! Doubtful a mouse would set a fenn trap off 

11 hours ago, MrsChamp606 said:

Brilliant! Doubtful a mouse would set a fenn trap off 

No not the fenn the live trap. I've a live trap set behind a board that I've been doing well with when weather's been bad them not wanting to come out into the weather.  So they've been coming from under flights and behind this board where it's dry. But the last one came out into open even though weather wasn't cracking. Which a find strange. 🤔. A covered the hole up that it had been using came out this morning and the hole is dug out again.  So definitely got more running about