From a few weeks ago

Went for a beautiful walk with the dogs and was looking at this man made lake. There's two decent size man made lakes. I'm not quite sure on why they were made. Alot come because it's turned into a good area for birds loads of diffrent species that come to the reed's. Amazing to watch the starlings on an evening do their display before coming into roost up. So nice big pike in the right hand one and carp too. Seen many lads fishing for the carp. 

20240126_103411~2.jpg

20240126_103423_001.jpg

20240126_103504_001.jpg

20240126_103603.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

That looks a nice spot for the pike mind you it has been a very strange year for piking, so much rain knocking temperatures all over the place and it seems to have had a big effect on the fish.

Phil

• Like 1
On 22/02/2024 at 10:27, philpot said:

That looks a nice spot for the pike mind you it has been a very strange year for piking, so much rain knocking temperatures all over the place and it seems to have had a big effect on the fish.

Phil

True Phil temperature's have been playing a big part. I've had some big pike out of these waters. Many years ago before many knew about it. I used to fish these waters & knew that I would score some decent size fish. Over the past ten years it's been hit hard by eastern European taking the fish. So not as many big girls in now.

On the edge of the lake there's a nice strip of oxygen weed about 3ft out which sits about 2 ft off the top of the water Phil.  Used to love live baiting them areas. You could see the fish emerge from the depths of the weed. 

A may try it out if the temperature stays dropped this coming week. There's another man made water over the road I've fished many times that holds big fish some 30s. A like to fish the odd nice 3lb / 4lb jack as live bait. When you see that go bobbing then stop. Then all of a sudden get taken out into the deep waters giving it a good few minutes for the big girl to turn the jack to position it to go down nicely lol. I'm itching to get out now. Hopefully get a few images up. 

• Like 1