Alright few new birds for next year, when does everyone start conditioning there’s birds and when do you start hammering the dandelion in them. 
(I only started last year and bred few mules so not to experienced yet tbh)

few new canaries I’ve got aswell hopefully a lot of hens there IMG_0518.jpeg.ef7b0fa808a7c116e1dcc74a6cb4e7d3.jpeg

IMG_4243.jpeg

IMG_4241.jpeg

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4208.jpeg

IMG_4219.jpeg

IMG_4220.jpeg

IMG_3483.jpeg

Edited by Abullx
  • Like 2

I start giving mine the dandies as soon as they're growing locally(which was about a month later this year than last) but will start giving egg food probably mid march.

One year I will try what I keep meaning to though and try putting the finches in a different shed with lights on to try and get them in condition round the same time as the canaries. 

5 minutes ago, gnipper said:

I start giving mine the dandies as soon as they're growing locally(which was about a month later this year than last) but will start giving egg food probably mid march.

One year I will try what I keep meaning to though and try putting the finches in a different shed with lights on to try and get them in condition round the same time as the canaries. 

Yh I was thinking of trying the light on a few of the cock birds and see how that turns out 

7 minutes ago, gnipper said:

The only problem I can see is that you will be breaking the pair bonding but if its a proven muler it should be ok? 

Tbh they have only been together about 2 weeks so I need to pull the cock birds out and put in another room with a couple extra day light hours do you think that’ll be best