khan fight

Usual shite again,same with all Khan fights.St Clair was way past his sell by date,and a renowned soft puncher,thats why Warren put Khan in with him.Interesting part for me was that as light a puncher as St Clair was,everytime he landed any sort of punch Khan looked dazed.As soon as they put Khan in with any sort of credible opponent,Khan will be found wanting. :thumbs:

What you say we have a little private bet on that statement bill ? ;) ....

I thought that was without doubt khans best performance to date...he is looking a more complete fighter every time and he is enormous at the weight and becoming a fine physical specimen....whether he will have the durability and heart to dig deep during a real tough war is a big question.... theres no reason to say he wouldnt or couldnt.....

but on timing,ability,speed and general ring presence he is coming along just fine and personally i would expect him to win a version of a world title within 18 months....hopefully he wont have to do that yet but its the nature of the game to rush kids these days.

gnasher could i have a little bet with you on the statement that Bill said ?? :thumbs: :thumbs: The first time Khan gets in with someone HIS OWN GENUINE WEIGHT who can punch a LITTLE he will be KO'd :thumbs: £20 bet with gnasher mate :tongue2:

GAIRY ST CLAIR was a WORLD CHAMPION ..........CORRECT...............BUT theres always two sides to a story :doh: he was a CHAMPION at FEATHERWEIGHT...........KHANS a NATURAL LIGHTWEIGHT.......TWO WEIGHT DEVISIONS BELOW.......we all saw what happened to HATTON when he just stepped up 1 division :icon_eek:

He might win a world title as Frank Warren is an expert of picking soft oposition :yes: Why isnt KHAN fighting JOHN THAXTON for the BRITISH TITLE............BECAUSE THAXTON can BANG A LITTLE, i personally think KHAN would beat THAXTON but there is a chance if THAXTON CONNECTS and RABBIT WARREN wont be willing to take that RISK :thumbs:

I had the same £20 bet on the careers of FRAUDLEY and NAZ and i wasnt out of pocket either time :laugh: what did JOE LOUIS say YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CANT HIDE........eventually KHAN will NEED to fight a GENUINE OPPONENT and it will be the 1st and LAST time :victory:

IF I'M WRONG GNASHER YOU WILL GET ME £20 :yes:

ATB TOMMY :thumbs: :thumbs:

What you say we have a little private bet on that statement bill ? ;) ....

I thought that was without doubt khans best performance to date...he is looking a more complete fighter every time and he is enormous at the weight and becoming a fine physical specimen....whether he will have the durability and heart to dig deep during a real tough war is a big question.... theres no reason to say he wouldnt or couldnt.....

but on timing,ability,speed and general ring presence he is coming along just fine and personally i would expect him to win a version of a world title within 18 months....hopefully he wont have to do that yet but its the nature of the game to rush kids these days.

Be happy to risk a twenty mate,but when and against who? Warren is making big bucks with Khan,he won't put him in with anyone remotely heavy handed.Im clued up enough about this game to know why Khan and his team shyed away from the Thaxton fight,Khan is chinny,and also has an ego problem.Everytime he got caught last night he did what he always does,his pride was hurt and he tried to man it out.He will always get away with it with feather handed fighters,but against proper opposition he's going to be in big trouble.Willie Limond is a nice guy,but a very limited boxer,and not renowned for his punching power.He had Khan gone,thats a fact,and a better fighter would have finished Khan that night.A clever promoter can take a reasonable fighter to world titles,the sport is littered with so called world champions.At this point in time,i think Khan is being well promoted,and well protected.I may be proved wrong,but i don't believe he's the "real deal" and he's starting to believe his own hype (Hamed,and we all know how that story finished) Another fighter we've spoke about before is David Haye,who has gone on to become a great fighter,but he to thought he could beat the world,and was made a fool of by an old man (Carl Thompson) If i'm honest the fighter who impressed me most on last nights bill,was Michael Jennings.All the best,Bill :thumbs:

Mikey "The Lurcher" Jennings is a good fighter and his fitness is second to none he is a genuine bloke who think's nothing of going to watch the amatuer's in the Northern area's Wigan, Preston ETC; a decent skin who has'nt forgotten where he started, :thumbs: And he like's a bit of craic about the running dog's aswell.

I be happy to take a bet with you lads....you make fair points and bill i know you have an understanding of the sport...and for that reason you will know that media hype doesnt make a fighter better or worse...khan has had ridiculous amounts of it and for this reason people want to see him in a tough war...but,as you will also know,a young prospect whether it be khan,hatton,calzaghe or anyone else is not going to be exposed to risky fights before time....its basic management of any young prospect....as for the thaxton contest,i would like to have seen this fight as i believe it would have tested khans heart a little even though i believe he would win the fight relatively comfortably...before jumping to the conclusion khan didnt want the fight it would be worth noting that thaxton priced himself out of the fight by demanding an equal purse which was just not feasible,the fight would never have gone to purse bids and have them both making the same and thaxton knew this.....dont forget when interviewed on tv thaxton said he would fight khan for free,then when it got serious he demanded a 50/50 split !

Dont get me wrong im no fan of khan but i do recognise his talent....his level of competition is no different to any other fighter on the way up the ladder....if when he is physically and mentally ready for a title shot he loses fair and square then ok he was a let down....but until that time comes he is simply a prospect thats all,and regardless of his opponents its not hard to see he has a lot of tools and is still possibly only 50 per cent of the finished article.

As for fraudley and naz....totally opposite ends of the scale for me...harrison made the most of being a average or below fighter in a weak division but it was obvious he was never going anywhere....whereas naz was possibly the most powerful puncher at his weight this country has ever seen...but still possibly a wasted talent on a much higher level.

All only opinions of course and interesting to read yours,all the best lads.

gnasher could i have a little bet with you on the statement that Bill said ?? :thumbs: :thumbs: The first time Khan gets in with someone HIS OWN GENUINE WEIGHT who can punch a LITTLE he will be KO'd :thumbs: £20 bet with gnasher mate :tongue2:

GAIRY ST CLAIR was a WORLD CHAMPION ..........CORRECT...............BUT theres always two sides to a story :doh: he was a CHAMPION at FEATHERWEIGHT...........KHANS a NATURAL LIGHTWEIGHT.......TWO WEIGHT DEVISIONS BELOW.......we all saw what happened to HATTON when he just stepped up 1 division :icon_eek:

He might win a world title as Frank Warren is an expert of picking soft oposition :yes: Why isnt KHAN fighting JOHN THAXTON for the BRITISH TITLE............BECAUSE THAXTON can BANG A LITTLE, i personally think KHAN would beat THAXTON but there is a chance if THAXTON CONNECTS and RABBIT WARREN wont be willing to take that RISK :thumbs:

I had the same £20 bet on the careers of FRAUDLEY and NAZ and i wasnt out of pocket either time :laugh: what did JOE LOUIS say YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CANT HIDE........eventually KHAN will NEED to fight a GENUINE OPPONENT and it will be the 1st and LAST time :victory:

IF I'M WRONG GNASHER YOU WILL GET ME £20 :yes:

ATB TOMMY :thumbs: :thumbs:

absolutely agree with you 100% all three of my boys have boxed so know a little about the sport and i believe as soon as khan is put in with someone who can bang that will be the end of him