New shotty

A few months ago my wife decided to sell her  ATA o/u shotgun, it did a good job on the clays but the balance was a little front end heavy and the top lever was a bitch to open even for me so it went.  Now about a month ago I borrowed a Yildiz Pro Black, 30'' o/u with both internal and external chokes for my dearest to try out but for various reasons she didn't get round to it but I did and found it to be a very nice handling gun which retail around £2700.

Now with only a few weeks to go before we are off to John Bidwell's Highlodge for a week clay shooting, fishing in the lake 20 feet infront of the varander, some sea fishing and perhaps the odd glass of wine or gin BUT the thought of not having a gun to use or at least her own gun to use has been getting into her head.............. I picked up the Yildiz from my rfd and off we went to East Yorks GC, Beverley for her to put it through it and her paces. 

She shot very well indeed with in the internal chokes as they just make it that bit lighter on the muzzle, it took a little time on a couple of the stands to get back into the swing of it all but I think we are onto a winner and the big plus is that whilst this is a brand new gun, it was bought by my rfd when a dealer closed down and as it was listed as a demo gun (hard to tell as it is as new / perfect condition) so the price I sorted was bloody superb.  We are taking again this week just to make sure then the cash will have to be handed over but if anyone is considering a new o/u, take a close look at these guns, for the money they are bloody good and having shot it myself on some pretty tricky targets, it handles just as well as by Caesar Guerini for less money.

Phil

• Like 1