Stalking last night .

Had a forum member down for a stalk last eve .Too much grass cut for my liking tbh honest but we pressed on until I found the right field for a wait .I know this ground like the back of my hand .If they ain’t out when the shadows are longest it’s time for a stalk before dark .

A muntie buck with a huge pair of in velvet antlers came our way but disappeared in the hedge before a shot could be lined up.Grass here is still uncut mind .

As the shadows lengthened we wandered on a bit to the next field and sure enough there was a doe and yearly pricket out in the grass picking at seeds .Nearly got through the gateway when I spotted a buck tour right only 30 yards and thrashing the hedge .Surprised we never heard it tbh .Shooter on sticks and tried to inch out fir a shot but the buck clocked us and ran out into the field doing the roe downfall stop that sealed his fate with a neck shot .Happy guide ,happy client .

IMG_0449.jpeg.195edae89b03888700f16ec413bc95f9.jpeg

• Like 8

12 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Nine for clients ,two for me .I won’t  shoot another unless it’s huge this season .

That's not many for you mate ,, why you not shooting them?

We've had 17 so far , I tend to stop looking now and only shoot if an opportunity arises.

Summer is for rabbits , pigeons and crows.

4 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

That's not many for you mate ,, why you not shooting them?

We've had 17 so far , I tend to stop looking now and only shoot if an opportunity arises.

Summer is for rabbits , pigeons and crows.

Just trying to keep a few back for clients mate .Plenty more bookings just that I won’t personally shoot anything else unless it’s a nice gold for the wall .Better clients see a few and I tell them which than walking miles and having to shoot the only one we see .

Id much rather guide than shoot these days Mark .

• Like 2

Know what you mean it is satisfying getting a client on a buck.

When out with my mate I basically am a guide as I take the lead , find the deer and plan stalk in.

Very satisfying when its successful which is most of the time.

20230521_205018.jpg