What Bird is the quietest?

Kvothe

Hey guys new here,

I am contemplating getting into falconry (i am on the fringes right now i volunteer for a BOP sanctuary)

And i am just wondering if there is a Hunting BOP which is quiet, i am around Harris Hawks a lot and they squawk like crazy, the lanner falcon we had i never heard but have seen vids of these being noisy.. and other Hawks/falcons are hit and miss with the noise they make..

I like in an Urban area but have access to places to fly and train a bird however i am not sure my neighbours would enjoy the sound of noisy birds

Is there any difference between parent reared or imprint for BOP other than owls?

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Kvothe

like crazy

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

It's a difficult one, I know of passage Harris's that scream they are naturally vocal. The secret is get them killing for themselves asap even then there are no guarantees. All you can do is leave with the parents until at least 16 weeks as has already been said then get going as soon as possible. You need to limit glove feeding and remove from mews and feed outside as much as possible.

• Like 1