Guest Ditch_Shitter

Anything we do to a snare can effect it's eventual performance, mate. One could equelly play a game of pool, using a stick. But look at what the experts prefer.

And I'm no expert, by the way. For expertise in such matters as this, follow Snareman. Woodga and the guy known as Peg and Gun know their share too. Not everyone who'll answer you or anyone elses questions on here has a clue what they're on about. But, when it comes to snares? Not many come up to the standard of knowledge posessed by those three.

Anything we do to a snare can effect it's eventual performance, mate. One could equelly play a game of pool, using a stick. But look at what the experts prefer.

And I'm no expert, by the way. For expertise in such matters as this, follow Snareman. Woodga and the guy known as Peg and Gun know their share too. Not everyone who'll answer you or anyone elses questions on here has a clue what they're on about. But, when it comes to snares? Not many come up to the standard of knowledge posessed by those three.

Well said Ditch, Glenn Waters is the guru.

what is the advantage of using a tealer instead of just a stick?

Hi there, Well for a start off, the tealers developed by Glenn waters act as a swivel thus lengthening the life of your snares. They do away with the need to have half a yard of string on your pegs. They are stealthy ie difficult for the rabbits to see. I have snared for nearly 50 years as an amateur, and on some occasions as a semi pro when the opportunities arose. I was advised many years ago by the grandson of a professional to use big loops set high. It was very very effective, yet until discovering Glenns writings, I was occasionally ridiculed for it. Glenn is the man. I can and still do catch rabbits with snares set on wooden tealers on rough ground. I can tell you though, that on meadow land and exposed areas the wire tealer on a large snare set 6 1/2" high can't be beat. Have you read Glenns articles?. :thumbs: