Falcon FN19 FAC

Hi Everyone, I need the help of you clever people please.

My FN19, about 22 years old and running around 26Ft Lb is not cocking.   This has started, and got worse over about the last 4-5 magazines (around 36 shots).   It works sometimes and then you try and cock it, and no matter how hard and far back you pull the bolt, it simply will no cock.  I struggle for a while and then it will maybe cock properly 2 or 3 times and then simply refuse to cock again.

I don't pretend to be a Falcon expert but this seems strange to me, can anyone help me solve this problem please?   Gun is pretty useless as it stands, and as it is a work tool it is a big problem.

Quick removal from stock isn't showing any obvious issue.

205.jpg.dadb1eedec690a1d796e4d3ca8a1d2ca.jpg

HELP PLEASE!!!

I really can't believe it is such hard work to get some help, I can't even find a professional to repair the gun south of Leicester at the moment!

Looks like there is an opening for a decent gunsmith in the central south of England.

I know I have tried a couple for you but I just remembered Richardsons of Halesworth in Suffolk, two old boys who have forgotten more than most rfds will ever know. My wife and I call in to see them every time we go clay shooting at John Bidwell's, Highlodge where we have been staying for a couple of weeks every year for the last 17 years. They are lovely guys and to watch them build guns in front of you is amazing, give them a call.  If they say they can do it, you can bank on them.

WWW.BEHANCE.NET

Phil

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...