pigeon with airgun

hello everyone. i need some advice. ive been going out shooting with 12 shell decoys and my new bsa tactical airgun. i need some movement in my decoy pattern to help bring the birds in. ive been looking at the rotating pigeon magnets and they look really good, but i need to know if the pigeon will land or will they just fly off. all the videos ive seen of the pigeon magnet being used are when the birds are being shot with shotguns while they are still in the air. i need the pigeon to land so i can shoot them with my airgun. im going to get some spring sticks for the decoys to help them move a bit. any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Personally i think you may get more help and be taken a little more seriously if you change your name, it is really rather unsuitable for a genuine country sports enthusiast, smacks more of a stupid young chav who has no respect for their chosen quarry.

Just an observation.

Regards MT.

the field of rape ive been shooting on runs along the edge of a wood. i put the decoys about 100 yards from the wood and sit in a ditch abut 25 yards from the decoys with a cammo net over me. i get quite a bit of action from the pigeons and bag quite a few. im a very good shot with an airgun as ive owned airguns for as long as i can remember. it gets frustrating now and again when the trees are full of pigeons and they wont come down to my decoys.yesterday morning i went out shooting and the pigeons came out of the trees and landed about 100 yards away from my decoys, there must of been 200 of them at least.while i was watching them feast on the rape,i could see just how dead and still my decoys looked,that got me thinking about how to liven up my decoys. maybe it would be better to use a flapper rather than a pigeon magnet? any ideas would be great. i cant shoot them from the trees as i dont have permission to shoot in the wood.

still cant work out how to change my name. i think ill have to register again.

Edited by bloodlust
Guest buster321c
Personally i think you may get more help and be taken a little more seriously if you change your name, it is really rather unsuitable for a genuine country sports enthusiast, smacks more of a stupid young chav who has no respect for their chosen quarry.

Just an observation.

Regards MT.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: sorry but its true MT is right but the name is funny !!

Edited by buster321c
  • 3 weeks later...

hya bloodlust

read decoyed pigeon i have the same problem try setting up your hide by a tree or buying full body decoys with a green thin piece of metal stabbed into the ground and bent into '7' shape then tie a thin bit of cotton on the hoop on your decoy and hang it on the metal the decoy will move in the breeze and is very effective for attracting pigeons

Write back:thumbs: open the pigeon bmp at the bottom its an example

post-12991-1203115649.jpg

pigeon.bmp

Edited by rabbitforahabbit
  • 2 weeks later...

i just thought i would let you all know how i am getting on. i bought some spring sticks and they make loads of difference to the decoys, the slightest breeze makes the heads bob up and down and they wobble from side to side a bit. i borrowed a rotating pigeon magnet off a friend and bought a couple of airpro flapping pigeon decoys to go on it, this thing is great at pulling the pigeon in, the airpro decoys really look like they are flapping as they go round. i put the decoys in a horseshoe pattern and put the magnet about 30 yards behind them. this setup really works and yes the pigeon do land.