Avian flu

Bangersanmash

Don't know if anybody had spoken about this. But it's got me wondering how much the falconry game has been affected ie the hunting for feather with the avian flu knocking about more so down south an around the coastal areas. The ones who've permission on land round the coastal areas that have been hit the most must be worried that the hunting game for the birds may come to a stand still. A don't think DEFRA was ready for this to be fair it's a shock to all bird keepers an bird lovers 

32 minutes ago, BEARINATOR said:

Been warned not to fly feathered game and to hunt fur off the fist, unless in a control zone. So it’s spoilt a lot of flying but it’s more the owners discretion as can’t be monitored 

It's a bad carry on allotments near me have a sign up on the gates about poultry being housed too. It will take some controlling this mate. My birds have been indoors all season. I've had to build all indoor flights for the goldfinches. So be housed the in indoor flights then move some over into flight  breeders next season an rest keep in the flights. Was guna get myself a young Harris too but with the avian flu thought Al give it a miss. Not guna risk losing all my goldfinches. Hope it comes good for you mate. Just been watching a program on BBC iplayer about over in Ireland sounds like them Boyz are getting some stick for ground work. But couldn't believe what some idiots was posting on fb. A don't do that fb an am glad to be fair. That things okay for if you have family that live round country , like the wife to speak to her brother an father. 

• Like 1