Hi all iv recently bought a new HW95 and having problems getting it to group consistently, iv tried several different makes of pellets. Iv also noticed that sometimes the barrel locks up so tight I can’t break it without giving it a slap down . Has anyone else had any problems like this ? Many thanks for any help John 

9 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

Hi did you clean the barrel first  also it takes around a full tin of pellets to lead the barrel in  use the same pellets then see if they are accurate enough if not try another brand

Iv only cleaned the barrel with the cleaning pellets not a pull through it’s had a tin of rws superdome and nearly 2 tins of h&n ftt through plus tried falcons and air arms and bisley mag . I ll try cleaning it again and just use the falcons because I think they have been the best so far , is it worth trying more brands of pellets or have I about covered it at that ? Also would it pos shoot better at say 10 .5 instead of 11 . 6 or would that not make much difference? 

bisley mags should be ok i use them in .22 pcp also rws hollow point 14.2 grn  shooting rabbits from 15yds out to 35yds  some guns are hold sensitive they either like a soft grip or heavy grip   i would not clean the barrel again as you will need to lead again

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

The hw95 is notorious for being very sensitive to the shooters hold. I have had 3. The first two I tried everything that anybody who answers this thread will suggest, guaranteed. I even purchased hw98 heavy barrels to see if this would do the trick but alas no. in despair I twice sold the gun and barrels and resolved this was the end of it. Some years later I decided one more try. I was amazed that from the very first shot after zeroing I was nailing 5 shot groups under 5p time after time. It was as accurate as my HW99. What happened in the intervening years. Search me. Perhaps my technique had altered more to suit the 95. I will say which maybe the answer. The gun was fitted with a Vortec Kit. I was so keen on it I fitted a cs stock and a 98 barrel and the accuracy was maintained and Having cracked it I sold it as I prefered my HW99. I am surprised that you have not heard of this awful problem with this gun. I would  would cut my losses sell the gun and get a HW99. This was it when I sold it.

13DA5768-1CB7-4A4D-8BC4-731A90192C30.jpeg

Edited by TelephonePete
nn
  • Like 2