Nothing to do with Hunting

Hello.

Sorry to post this on here but I could do with as much help as I can.

In the interest of public safety I have began a petition the Prime Minister to Introduce an "Advanced driving test" for all taxi and Private hire drivers.

Its what I do for a living !

I strongly believe as an existing taxi driver that the driving standards throughout the trade is below average. The only requirement to enter the trade is a UK full license. In the sole Interest of public safety I propose an Advanced test is a compulsory requirement for all drivers. ( Private hire and Hackney carriage ). This would hopefully give the passenger in these vehicles a better service standard and make every journey safer due to the enhanced skills of there driver. Generally drivers at present have driven for a number of years and implanted poor driving habits into there daily driving routine making them a high risk factor and them-self becoming a hazard to road users, pedestrians and more so there passengers.

All your help will be appreciated.

Please click the link and sign the petition.

Steve

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/TaxiDrivingTest/

Thanks and I hope you dont mind the totally off forum post.

Carry on Hunting

Regards

Edited by RabbitNMY

Funnily enough I was only thinkig about this today.

Yesterday I stopped a private hire guy to tell him he was driving in the dark with no lights.He was foreign and half asleep.

All private hires around here are from Eastern Europe.They are always parking outside school gates and driving whilst talking on their mobiles.

HOWEVER......I am reliably informed that a petition is counted as a single complaint by the government rather than counting the number of signatures on it so be warned you might get ignored!

Sorry no can do.

Hello axeoil.

without prejudice could I ask you why ?

My aim is to increase professionalism into the trade and make sure that drivers are trained to there maximum ability.

By doing this it will give passengers a safer journey knowing the driver has been trained and is a good observant competent driver.

I mean look at it like this......

If someone had to drive your loved ones, Kids / Mother / wife etc...

I would hope you would want a driver trained to high standards and not just a Taxi driver.

Not to mention it will also raise the overall standards in the Taxi trade and whittle out the weak and incompetent, leaving the trade with professionals that does not just hold a "L" license and a bunch of bad habits that is simply not safe.

Regards Steve

I would like to thank the members for there support.

I hope I can assist you sometime .

Please continue to assist by signing the petition

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/TaxiDrivingTest/

Help make our roads safer and ensure the Taxi trade standards are raised to a level that

we all know we are been driven by highly trained drivers.

Thanks Steve

Will it stop then driving at 120mph at 1 or 2 in the morning so they can get to the next fare?

Well I hope that it improves all aspects of there driving WILF.

My aim is to whittle out the un-professional and un-safe drivers, we should then be left with

drivers that can respond to road hazards and give the public a better standard of service.

At the moment the level of service and driving standards is way to low.

Hopefully this petition will be our chance to have the unsafe methods recognized by the government.

Regards