Recently I had bought and received a MK V4 Fenn Trap and to test it I put it down a rabbit hole that I knew was at least semi used by the rabbits, low and behold not being able to help myself 2 hours later I checked it and there was my first ever carcass.

I brought it back into the house skinned it, gutted and chopped it up the rabbits out here are very small so I didn't get a tonne of food nonetheless it was a really good experience and I'm glad to have gained the experience from it! Not to mention, it was a tasty meal!

I have to say my least favourite part was the smell, and the fact I KEPT finding intestines I hadn't found before but that was probably just a me problem, next time a nose clip is due!SPOILER_CCD4A13F-0F0B-4036-BCED-B204F00ASPOILER_IMG_8794.jpgSPOILER_IMG_8795.jpgSPOILER_IMG_8796.jpgIMG_8802.jpg

• Like 3

On 04/04/2022 at 07:58, WoodsHuntingWolf said:

Recently I had bought and received a MK V4 Fenn Trap and to test it I put it down a rabbit hole that I knew was at least semi used by the rabbits, low and behold not being able to help myself 2 hours later I checked it and there was my first ever carcass.

I brought it back into the house skinned it, gutted and chopped it up the rabbits out here are very small so I didn't get a tonne of food nonetheless it was a really good experience and I'm glad to have gained the experience from it! Not to mention, it was a tasty meal!

I have to say my least favourite part was the smell, and the fact I KEPT finding intestines I hadn't found before but that was probably just a me problem, next time a nose clip is due!SPOILER_CCD4A13F-0F0B-4036-BCED-B204F00ASPOILER_IMG_8794.jpgSPOILER_IMG_8795.jpgSPOILER_IMG_8796.jpgIMG_8802.jpg

That’s you hooked now a Wolf......only a young rabbit and a Mk 4 fenns not suited for rabbits but you got your prise......nice but of KFR there !

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, bell said:

That’s you hooked now a Wolf......only a young rabbit and a Mk 4 fenns not suited for rabbits but you got your prise......nice but of KFR there !

The rabbits here are super small so it did work, like really small like you sometimes can’t tell if they’re babies 

1 hour ago, WoodsHuntingWolf said:

The rabbits here are super small so it did work, like really small like you sometimes can’t tell if they’re babies 

It’s not that the rabbits are small where you are it IS that they are baby ones your seeing and catching. Keep at it and you will catch adults but get some traps for rabbits. Look on the trapping pages on here and you will find what to use.  Best of luck Wolfie :thumbs:

On 06/04/2022 at 16:40, bell said:

It’s not that the rabbits are small where you are it IS that they are baby ones your seeing and catching. Keep at it and you will catch adults but get some traps for rabbits. Look on the trapping pages on here and you will find what to use.  Best of luck Wolfie :thumbs:

ahh really? ok ty;;; i thought it wasnt but this is alot of help!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Keep at it mate :thumbs:

When you pick up your dead rabbit, run your thumb down between it's back legs to squeeze the piss out of it.

Then, use a sharp little knife to pierce the skin just under it's rib cage, then cut it open, down to the back legs (be careful not to cut through the guts or stomach sack inside) - now you can hold it by the legs, bend it backwards and flick the guts into the bushes. It saves doing it by hand when you get home :thumbs:

• 2 months later...
On 01/05/2022 at 08:49, Jonjon79 said:

Keep at it mate :thumbs:

When you pick up your dead rabbit, run your thumb down between it's back legs to squeeze the piss out of it.

Then, use a sharp little knife to pierce the skin just under it's rib cage, then cut it open, down to the back legs (be careful not to cut through the guts or stomach sack inside) - now you can hold it by the legs, bend it backwards and flick the guts into the bushes. It saves doing it by hand when you get home :thumbs:

Nah mate that’s so redneck .

Run the knife yes then use back of blade to push everything out in a oner behind the stomach .