Wigtown bay

Spent a lot of my youth up on the solway and around Wigtown wildfowling. Anyway thinking of planning a trip up over December /January. Will apply for a weeks ticket. 

Though I've spent a bit of time up there I'm not sure which area af shore the day tickets cover or what the shooting is like. I used to be taken out by locals so not sure if the areas we once visited are on the ticket. We used to go on Creetown wildfowlers as well which I believe was formed as they didn't want to be part of the day ticket scheme. 

Anyone any advice or experience of the Wigtown day ticket Marsh areas? We are mainly interested in duck shooting rather than watching geese leave the Marsh in the wrong direction a million miles up ?

4 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Spent a lot of my youth up on the solway and around Wigtown wildfowling. Anyway thinking of planning a trip up over December /January. Will apply for a weeks ticket. 

Though I've spent a bit of time up there I'm not sure which area af shore the day tickets cover or what the shooting is like. I used to be taken out by locals so not sure if the areas we once visited are on the ticket. We used to go on Creetown wildfowlers as well which I believe was formed as they didn't want to be part of the day ticket scheme. 

Anyone any advice or experience of the Wigtown day ticket Marsh areas? We are mainly interested in duck shooting rather than watching geese leave the Marsh in the wrong direction a million miles up ?

The Westlands Gun Shop

The Broats Moss, Annan DG12 6RS
01461 800370

Give these a ring mate?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1