hi im jus about to apply for an FAC license because i want to start shooting deer and foxes.

how difficult is it to get??? i already have shotguns does that help me any????

thanks sean

Well if you have a SGC it helps and you will have to haev a sufficiant acre of land if you want to shoot deer and fox as it will be a large calibre rifle

It took mine 2 weeks to get you will also need eighter a seperate little safe which you can buy from b&q or a lock to cabinit for your ammo.

hope this helps

hi im jus about to apply for an FAC license because i want to start shooting deer and foxes.

thanks sean

Well if you have a SGC it helps and you will have to haev a sufficiant acre of land if you want to shoot deer and fox as it will be a large calibre rifle

It took mine 2 weeks to get you will also need eighter a seperate little safe which you can buy from b&q or a lock to cabinit for your ammo.

hope this helps

thank you.

ive got a safe at the moment as well as my shotgun cabinet so would that b ok?

thanks sean

hope this helps

thank you.

ive got a safe at the moment as well as my shotgun cabinet so would that b ok?

I should think as long as the safe is bolted on the wall

thanks sean

Having a shotgun certificate will help you, but if you have never owned a centre fire rifle before you may be asked to provided details of someone with an open ticket who will accompany you on the first couple of occasions, the police usual call this a provision.

The person you nominate will have to write to your local FAO to advise them that you are a competent person with a centre fire rifle & after this the provision will be lifted.

Speak to your local FAO & find out all you need to do before you apply, good luck with your application :thumbs:

You wanna see the stuff you have to go through in N. Ireland for a rifle, unbelievable! :icon_eek: .

The last I heard a police officer had to interview the applicant to see why he needed a rifle, followed by a farm inspection, followed by another interview, followed by months of waiting and followed by phones calls to the police, followed by numerous communications followed by FAC 18 months!!

How about that then. :icon_eek::icon_eek:

Knifebar