" KING RAT 2008 " ~ The Official Thread!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Guest Ditch_Shitter

" King Rat 2008 "

TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY

1. Rat to have been taken by a Registered Member of the Forum during the year of 2008. Entry will only be accepted from Members who have Read These Conditions of Entry. Attempted Entry will be taken as an affirmation that you Have Read and Understood This.

2. Only rats clearly displayed with a legible tape will be considered.

3. 'Size' accepted will be tip of nose to tip of tail, as clearly demonstrated by the tape.

4. It is the Entrants responsibility to fairly demonstrate the Full length of the entire rat. Scrunched rats and bent tails will be read as are.

5. ONLY Contending Rats to be displayed on the Thread. Rats smaller than the latest accepted biggest will be removed. In the case of two equelly sized, 'next biggest' rats appearing before I find and judge them; The first Posted will knock off the latter, provided I judge them both exactly equel and both longer than the last accepted entry.

(1) Best Practice will be to lay your rat, on its back, ON the tape. Tail tip level with the start of the tape. Body and tail stretched fully along the tape and with the rats head tipped back, so that a clear reading may be made from the furthest point of the tape reached by the tip of the nose. That way I can award you the maximum measurement for your rat.

(2) I have enlisted the help of a neutral Forum Moderator who will, at my request, remove non contending shots (Ref. 5 above) and otherwise keep things properly edited with respect to repeated Posts / Photo's. My hope, this year and based on lessons learned from last years experience, is to keep the possibly once again extensive Thread as navigable as possible for all. My thanks to that Moderator and to all who take the time to read these notes and work within them. The Moderator shall remain nameless simply in order to save them PM's from aggitators. If something vanishes, it'll be because I requested it should, for a reason covered here. Now see (3), below.

(3) Not having read these notes will Not be accepted as an excuse to question, complain, start a Poll or otherwise start spitting dummies, chucking toys and auditioning for amateur dramatics. Any of that will vanish too.

(4) It's all a bit of craic. I intend to keep it on that level. Above are the only things anyone needs to know. If it isn't said above, it's not an issue. If you don't like anything above? Feel free not to enter. My only intention is Posting all this is simple clarity for all. " King Rat 2007 " proved a logistical nightmare. Now I percieve a way of running " King Rat 2008 " smoothly and pleasurably.

Now; Get out there and get those rats! Carry a tape and camera or else a few plastic bags. Handle them Only with gloved hands and dispose of them properly. We saw 19" last year. Who knows what we may see in 2008? I'm excited already! :laugh:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

18" from FOXDROPPER:

post-3041-1200463403.jpg

* Actually presented 14 - Jan - 2008 on a dedicated Thread, Here. Drops got this baby before I had time to sort this Thread out. I don't intend to make a habit of reposting peoples rats ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ditch_Shitter

:icon_eek: 19" ? Is that all he was, laid out? Blimey! Weight of him certainly has stretched him some then.

Ok. Accepting that Nineteen Inches is ye final word and that ye don't want to phone a friend, it only remains for me to thank ye for ye honesty. Suggest that next time ye take ye prize to a cat free shed for a moment. And ask that, please folks, we see no more hung rats.

Fact is, I'm allowing this 'early day motion' Only because I'm fully confident that a 19" er will yet be bettered. And it'll come from a photo provided according to the above stated Terms ;)

Right'o, folks. We Have 19" of rat! That's official. Next shot I want to see must be Over Nineteen Inches. 'Else it'll just go away again :yes:

Let's keep this Thread tight and the rats proper :good:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ditch_Shitter

:hmm: It's not a 20". But I'm happy to give it 19 3/4 " :good:

I'd have said 19 13/16 ", only there's that margin of doubt about the precise point at which that tail actually ends, in relation to the end of the tape.

So; The next and ONLY next Post I want to find here will be one showing a rat reckoned to be Over Nineteen and Three Quarter Inches long. Let's not block This one up with superfluous comments and opinions. Just ever bigger rats :yes:

Conditions are above. Read them or have ye Post vanish.

Cheers.

• 6 months later...