house training

Guest fence_hopper

Guest fence_hopper

has any one got any tips and tricks for house training as i hav never had a dog in the house they hav always been in the run iv had to give my older dogs to my brother but i want my pup in the house

the best way i think is to have a crate, as its a good way the house train, and if used right the dog will look at it as it own space,

as soon as you see the pup going to have a pee pick the pup up and take outside,

and loads of praising when he/she pee's outside and take the pup to one spot, all the time...

try to keep the door open most of the time,and he/she will start to go on her/he's own

. and if the pup piss's in the house give it a "bad dog"

then in the night or when yo go out put the pup in a crate not to big, as MOST dog wont piss in there own beds..

i say most as

ive heard of dogs pissing in there own beds but thats very rare...

but the key is getting the pup outside as much as you can..

am sure someone will say am wrong,

but thats the way ive done it and it works for me...

good luck and try to keep you cool...

Edited by jamesy

Good advice - buy a crate! it's handy for getting the pup from under your feet when necessary too. Also good for if you are going anywhere and need a temporary kennel to keep the dog under control. I also use a crate in the car for travelling as well - saves the dog from wrecking your car and being a danger when you are driving. You can get them quite cheap on the internet :thumbs:

Guest buster321c

Pretty much the same as everyone has said , and make sure the pup eats outside or goes outside after eating to go the loo , when its done , loads of praise and back in the house for some love ;)