Lincoln 12g Lightweight Shotgun

Dear Forum,

I am toying with buying a new O/U shotgun. I was in a gun shop and seen a Lincoln M/C Lightweight £695. Does anyone know if this is a good gun or not so good. Man in shop said it was a 28" barrel but I think it's a 26.75".

I must also say it feels good much better than a Beretta or Baikel I have looked at, I must see if I can get to use one to see how it shoots . Would someone be able to put me on the straight and narrow or am I on my own with this.

Help

Knifebar :cry:

Don't know about the barrel length of course,you will have to measure it if you are bothered.I have a mate who has shot a Lincoln for the last 5 years,and had no problems at all.I like using it too,it's a bit more lively than my Lanber. At the asking price,I would think it's new or next to new.

Lincoln's are imported by Nickersons of Lincolnshire,hence the name.They are made by one of the Rizzini family of gunmakers,so have a good Italian pedigree. They must be a biggish family,the Rizzini's as they produce guns for several other companies, and some under their own name. Those are E.Rizzini (Emilio) and B.Rizzini. Sorry.I can't help you with a go with it!

I have found the Nickerson website now,have a look yourself at www.ukhunting.com. Go to "products" then shotguns and all the Lincoln range is there.

There is in fact a 26.75" barrel version in the 12 bore range,so you could well be spot on with your size. As they can't add a bit on,I guess you would have to decide to go with it,or wait for a true 28" to arrive in stock. That extra length could just alter the feel compared to the shorter one.