another first go back at the clays

so had the first go today after the little break and only go 31 ex 50 on the sporting course.not very happy but still do enjoy having a blast.so i then move onto the compact and hit a 22 ex 25 on the first go wtf.had another go and got 23 ex 30 so very happy with that but have no idea why the performance in the two disiplines were so far apart.the guys that hammered me on the sporting course bar one were on 15 or so.proving it was not that easy or at least not for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I really do think that Compak does take a different approach to that of Sporting even though in essence they are the same type of bird.  Some people don't concentrate for the entire sporting stand once they have found the target, they relax a little and the is lost whereas the Compak layout demands your full attention because you need to think how to tackle the ever changing pairs of birds and taking this to the international version, FITASC,  you have to work hard to be effective on these targets.............believe me.

One of the easiest clay targets is down the line or better known as DTL and boy are they easy BUT keeping your concentration for the full round is more demanding than you would think. I shoot DTL with my wife as she enjoys that but if I do not shoot 25 straight most of the time, I am seriously miffed with myself and know only too well that I am not not concentrating 100% of the time. Conversely when I shoot Olyimpic Trap layout, I am having to concentrate 110% because I find it to be a demanding discipline.

Be happy with your result and try to visit as many grounds as you can as the experience of shooting differing targets will help you no end.

Phil

cheers,i think you are right it is all about the concentration.did try dtl and did not find it easy think i scored about 17,18 so gave up.just did not take to it like sporting.did take it serious for me and did not look at what the others were doing so did not get worried when they missed i just got on with it.with sporting it has turned a bit more of a social rather than getting on with it.