new squirrel traps

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Donky7 yes I have 2 of these traps I rate them very highly; where is the photo of the chewed bunjee gone??? which was posted on the ukpco forum mate?? LOL ; I liked the bit about the trap being sprung;reset the trap went to check the customers traps for moles ;came back 45 minutes later and BINGO!! Tufty;s in the trap just goes to show how effective these traps are!! a good piece of equipment to have in your kit especially when you have a problem squirrel best regards Steve

Hi Donky7 yes I have 2 of these traps I rate them very highly; where is the photo of the chewed bunjee gone??? which was posted on the ukpco forum mate?? LOL ; I liked the bit about the trap being sprung;reset the trap went to check the customers traps for moles ;came back 45 minutes later and BINGO!! Tufty;s in the trap just goes to show how effective these traps are!! a good piece of equipment to have in your kit especially when you have a problem squirrel best regards Steve

I use these traps regularly in woodland and garden situations and they are very effectve. The ones i use are called "Elgeeco" traps, but the ones in the picture differ slightly from mine. They are customer friendly in as much as they can be used as feeders for wild birds during active service. Highly Reccomend. ;)

Rolfey.

I've got two problem squirrels at the moment. The sods have eaten fist size holes in my feed bins that hold my chicken layers pellets, and mixed corn. They are plastic lids, and they go through 'em in a matter of an hour. :icon_eek:

I've even tried feeding the little sods ontop of the bins - but does that stop them chewing :no:

Where can you get these traps? Are they the best sort? ... or anyone wanna come sit in the garden with a gun???? I love the kids seeing the squirrels, but these particular ones HAVE to go!

Guest little_lloyd
I've got two problem squirrels at the moment. The sods have eaten fist size holes in my feed bins that hold my chicken layers pellets, and mixed corn. They are plastic lids, and they go through 'em in a matter of an hour. :icon_eek:

I've even tried feeding the little sods ontop of the bins - but does that stop them chewing :no:

Where can you get these traps? Are they the best sort? ... or anyone wanna come sit in the garden with a gun???? I love the kids seeing the squirrels, but these particular ones HAVE to go!

Stick a fenn in the feed give em a suprise when they chew threw. On my feed hoppers that the pheasants are fed threw i stick a tunne under them with a mk4 fenn trap placed they pick up a good few.

Stick a fenn in the feed give em a suprise when they chew threw. On my feed hoppers that the pheasants are fed threw i stick a tunne under them with a mk4 fenn trap placed they pick up a good few.

Erm, well I'm sure thats great advice, but I dont understand a word of that :doh: Whats a tunne?... :doh: I think I sound a right muppet :icon_eek:

Hi ROLFE; you have most probaly got the mk1 version; if you type in "elgeeco.co.uk" then click onto "refuge cage" you will see what I mean; these newer versions are available from KG; I hope this has been some help to you best regards Steve

Yeah cheers for that mate......they are manufactured by the same people i presume....i'll check em out at KG first.

Rolfey.

I use these traps regularly in woodland and garden situations and they are very effectve. The ones i use are called "Elgeeco" traps, but the ones in the picture differ slightly from mine. They are customer friendly in as much as they can be used as feeders for wild birds during active service. Highly Reccomend. ;)

Rolfey.

I've a couple that catch well especially if the customer has'nt put the squills on their guard by using water pistols and strong language to chase em off the bird table.Are the "Elgeeco" ones the ones that you dare not lay on their sides because the door comes open and the squill escapes just as you prepare the coup-de-grace ? :doh::doh::doh: If they are that's what I have .I don't lay them on their sides anymore :doh:

Rolfey.

I've a couple that catch well especially if the customer has'nt put the squills on their guard by using water pistols and strong language to chase em off the bird table.Are the "Elgeeco" ones the ones that you dare not lay on their sides because the door comes open and the squill escapes just as you prepare the coup-de-grace ? :doh::doh::doh: If they are that's what I have .I don't lay them on their sides anymore :doh:

yes they are the ones mate.........i adjust the springs on mine mate to hold the door under more tension.

Rolfe.