lamb bones

got a butcher to save me all his lamb bones for every thursday, they are the neck ribs thy and front leg bones, they all have plenty of meat still on them just checking that they are all ok to give to the dogs.

hope no one thinks im stuped for askin this. :icon_redface:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Not to argue with Boris's point, but ye must remember these will be sheeps bones. Not older ewes. I've personally fed my Dogs sheeps ribs and necks for years now. Those necks can be tough f*kkas, I can tell ye! And my Dogs have long been renowned for their strong, gleaming cuttlery.

Obviously, it's down to the sort of Dogs ye have there. One Dog may struggle. Another destroy. Just use ye judgement according to who gets how much of what, how often.

Another thing not to be over looked though; If ye don't feel happy feeding the legs (and I have a couple in the freezer as I type. Won't be there much longer!) Ye could always store them up seperately till ye have a few, then boil them up in a bucket and produce some excellent stock. Drop of that popped in the mcrowave could make a nutritious and welcome breakfast these colder days. Or just pour some over the rest of the meat.

Obviously, what ever ye do; NEVER pick and choose what ye accept from a good Butcher! In fact, a casual conversation about his favoured tipple can always turn up in time for next festive season ..... ;)

Not to argue with Boris's point, but ye must remember these will be sheeps bones. Not older ewes. I've personally fed my Dogs sheeps ribs and necks for years now. Those necks can be tough f*kkas, I can tell ye! And my Dogs have long been renowned for their strong, gleaming cuttlery.

Obviously, it's down to the sort of Dogs ye have there. One Dog may struggle. Another destroy. Just use ye judgement according to who gets how much of what, how often.

Another thing not to be over looked though; If ye don't feel happy feeding the legs (and I have a couple in the freezer as I type. Won't be there much longer!) Ye could always store them up seperately till ye have a few, then boil them up in a bucket and produce some excellent stock. Drop of that popped in the mcrowave could make a nutritious and welcome breakfast these colder days. Or just pour some over the rest of the meat.

Obviously, what ever ye do; NEVER pick and choose what ye accept from a good Butcher! In fact, a casual conversation about his favoured tipple can always turn up in time for next festive season ..... ;)

thanks for that ditch :thumbs:

to hard for me , ribs are different kettle of fish . bones that carry the weight imho can be a bit hard on the teeth . you want them to keep them all there lives . just something i do after some one said to me about it .

are you chewing the bones yer self lol, i give mine lamb bones and they destroy them but as ditch said some dogs wont.

just be carefull how much lamb you feed its the fatiest meat good for pups not so good for working dogs. i dont mean dont feef it just how much you do
This time of year if your dogs are outside it is not a problem fat is good, fat is energy that will be burn off keeping warm.
to hard for me , ribs are different kettle of fish . bones that carry the weight imho can be a bit hard on the teeth . you want them to keep them all there lives . just something i do after some one said to me about it .

100% agree mate,you,ve only got to crack a cow,sheep leg bone open to see how hard they are also the bone splinters are very sharp long pieces ,your looking for trouble giveing them your dogs

Two days a week my dogs get lamb bones and nothing else.I give mine necks and ribs,and like you say they have a fair bit of flesh/fat left on them.Cleaning the shit up next day is a pleasure :D little dry white nuggets ,dont even need a bag or a shovel. :clapper:

They are perfect for the dog mate,but,make sure they are fresh.If you get a lot,then freeze what you don't need at the time................martin. :thumbs:

great , food for dogs,but i wouldent turn my nose,or would my dogs if they were a bit ripe,

some times they do better on meat with a tinge,if you know what i mean ;)