Won a Spotting scope with camera attachment..

Hi all

I have a few spotting scopes/Binoculars and telescopes but I won this Opticron HR80 on fleabay a couple of days ago which has an adapter for a camera that i've not seen before, I thought it would just be a T ring and adaptor but this has a strange long tube with figures on it!!

I can see what looks like the T ring but then there's the big bulky thing and the tube that i've never seen before, Anyone know what they are?

nQv1Sy2.jpg

It also comes with a normal fixed mag lens (27x for the 80mm objective) 

4V9H24Q.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of birds that I took from my back garden to the oak tree around a hundred feet away, I used my Lumix TZ60 at the full intenilgent mag (60x) It has image stabilisation otherwise the birds would be unrecognisable with my shaky hands!! ?

QRQ3zsO.jpg xOe6dgg.jpg

The tree is the farthest one at the right, This is normal size with no zoom..

Yb3y9bR.jpg

Can't wait for the scope to land and have a play!

EDIT, Sorry, I just noticed there's an FAQ page, I think this should have maybe gone in that section!

John ?

Edited by johnbaz
  • Like 1

Turns out it's not fungal but a balsam breakdown, The objective lens is actually more than one and they're cemented together, Something has happened to make it partially let go, I was told the lenses could be fully parted and the balsam cement washed off then rebuilt!

Nope, Not a job I fance, I've been refunded in full but it cost me £11 to post the darned thing back ?

john..