Eumo isebella cock x satenet hen

11 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Supplement feeding always a fine line though ain’t it .Too much and she will give up on them .

A chick does need to demand food for the parents to keep giving as such,so yes a very fine line but with a few in the nest you can sort of trick her by feeding half of them and she'll cope with the rest but it'll soon come to a head when the chicks get bigger but as your'll have been feeding them anyway and giving a whistle or such as you do feed them they will know it's you and will feed happily from you if the hen was to give up totaly with them..Hope that makes sence...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, fireman said:

As it's not very far from me i used to use Morley aviaries own moist egg food,it never goes sour and my birds used to seem to like it as they'd be on it asap when i refreshed there  bowls daily with it,i'd also hard boil a chook egg and just mash it a bit then let them have it.Food is a sort of thing you try this and that when starting off but settle on one that's suits yours and the birds needs,my main seed was countywise greenfinch mix and i'd just add extra's to that..

Yeah I use the countrywise bullfinch mix for my bullfinches. Then goldfinch an siskin mix I use for goldies canary's greeny that mix an a bit of bully mix. And my redpoll's love the goldie & siskin mix. Is Morley aviaries in Leeds 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, fireman said:

Morley aviaries is in Norfolk mate,

Right just there's  a Morley in Leeds mate thought not far from me ?. Nice in Norfolk went on my jolly's down there caster by sea haven. Some thought I was mad coming down there to fish lol. Says you've got the best waters up north for sea fishing. Not much here but dog fish ??. A was like you want to be kidding. Plenty of seal pups wanting to greet me lovely to see am talking 1 to 2 feet away from me 

Edited by Bangersanmash
13 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Right just there's  a Morley in Leeds mate thought not far from me ?. Nice in Norfolk went on my jolly's down there caster by sea haven. Some thought I was mad coming down there to fish lol. Says you've got the best waters up north for sea fishing. Not much here but dog fish ??. A was like you want to be kidding. Plenty of seal pups wanting to greet me lovely to see am talking 1 to 2 feet away from me 

North Norfolk as such has the seals but we've been seeing a few more about in south norfolk,north suffolk.It's north suffolk i do my fishing and i have a small boat and target Bass,i do sometimes go further out and bash some hounds and rays but those rays are a like doggies to me and are a pain in the arse.The fishing in the north sea is changing due to the seas warming and the cod have gone and even the whiting were rarer than normal this winter gone and it's sort of spring fish all year round now.Out on tuesday evening after work on the boat for the first time this year so can't wait and i hope the Bass will play ball....

• Like 3
1 hour ago, fireman said:

North Norfolk as such has the seals but we've been seeing a few more about in south norfolk,north suffolk.It's north suffolk i do my fishing and i have a small boat and target Bass,i do sometimes go further out and bash some hounds and rays but those rays are a like doggies to me and are a pain in the arse.The fishing in the north sea is changing due to the seas warming and the cod have gone and even the whiting were rarer than normal this winter gone and it's sort of spring fish all year round now.Out on tuesday evening after work on the boat for the first time this year so can't wait and i hope the Bass will play ball....

You'll have to get some pics up if you have a good morning or evening mate on the fishing page on here 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Just had a look as i thought they traded under a different name on line and it's Junglegold.com,,,they do a lot of rat food,rat toys etc for the pet markets..