help with gun sight for 200 yards

hi to all the members.

i have a tikka 22-250 which iknow is out , i understand the concept of sighting the scope but my question is this, the clicker on the scope says for 100 yards, i want to set gun for 200 yards, if the shot is out by inch at 200 yards then do i double my adjustment or half my adjustment, sorry about this , i was never any good at mathematics and physics !!!

yours in need

irishboy

4 clicks at 100 is one inch but at 200 it would be 2 inches 300 would be 3 inches

so 2 clicks at 100 is 1/2 inch at 100 and 1 inch at 200 etc.........

like this 4 clicks equals 1 inch at 100 only these same four clicks equal 2 inches at 200 3 inches at 300, etc 10 inches at 1000 yards

so 2 clicks on scope equals .5 inch at 100yards and 1 inch at 200yard

so 2 clicks equal .5 at 100 yards so at 600 yards this is .5x6 is 3 inches at 600yards for 2 clicks

do you see now how it works out.

IRISHBOY.

depending on the quality of your scope i would move the windage[left/right] only 2 clicks shoot 2 rounds see where the bullet impacts.repeat till you are on the money.reason for this is old and cheap scopes do not move the p.o.i of a bullet exactly as they should.as i dont know what scope you have this is agood method to use.

by the way my mate who i lamp with has a TIKKA M-595 in 22-250 it is very accurate with 40gn vmax,its zero is 1.5in high @ 100yds and still 1in high at 200.

let us know how you get on.

garyw

ok this is old school. zero at 50 yards i know you wont beleve it.Then depending what cal you got.It will be bang on at 50 1 inch high at 100 and bang on at 180.+- cal 1.5 inch vs cal .

try what i said then , say i am wrong

cheers andy :)

Edited by teilky
ok this is old school. zero at 50 yards i know you wont beleve it..It will be bang on at 50 1 inch high at 100 and bang on at 180.+- cal 1.5 inch vs cal .

try what i said then , say i am wrong

cheers andy :)

I'd love to try but I don't understand a word....I'm old and I don't recall this from school :whistling:

Then depending what cal you got...........1 inch high at 100 and bang on at 180..............+- cal 1.5 inch vs cal . :hmm:

Run that by me again in schoolboy terms so I can have a try!

Cheers

Deker