Have bought a FEW boxes of sterile stainless steel skin staplers and removers & have some spare.There is 35 wide staples in a sealed & sterile packet.very easy to use, with instructions. These are for repairing rips & tears in working terriers,lurchers,gundogs etc. THEY ARE A MUST FOR FIELDSPORTSMEN. £15.00 EACH + £2.00 p+p OR A BOX OF 6 FOR ONLY £60 + £5.00 P+P BARGAIN!!!. OR 3 BOXES MINIMUM £50.00 EACH PLUS P+P !!!!. PM only leaving contact no. I will ring you back to arrange ASAP .My name is steve.PLEASE NO MESSERS! GENIUNE DOG PEOPLE ONLY

• 3 months later...

They are a brilliant invention, but like anything, if you don't know how to use them properly you can do more harm than good. The skin on both sides of the wound needs to be fresh, spotlessly clean and all hair removed, the skin needs to make contact in a very particular way or you will be leaving weak spots in the join which will break down and you'll be back at square one. Not trying to put anyone off, but if you haven't seen a professional vet or very experienced person using one don't try this at home!

You also need to know when a wound is of the right type and size/shape to be stapled and when it needs veterinary intervention, a general anaesthetic and drains putting in. It's not rocket science but it is science all the same.

Hope this make sense to anyone thinking of getting one and saving a few quid at the vets. And most wounds that are stapled will need antibiotics as they are likely to become infected: home surgery is no way so clean as a vet job and they use antibiotics on most sutured/stapled wounds: better safe than sorry.

Sorry the charlie: I'm not trying to put people off buying them, just wanting them to know the ins and outs of DIY stapling.

They are a brilliant invention, but like anything, if you don't know how to use them properly you can do more harm than good. The skin on both sides of the wound needs to be fresh, spotlessly clean and all hair removed, the skin needs to make contact in a very particular way or you will be leaving weak spots in the join which will break down and you'll be back at square one. Not trying to put anyone off, but if you haven't seen a professional vet or very experienced person using one don't try this at home!

You also need to know when a wound is of the right type and size/shape to be stapled and when it needs veterinary intervention, a general anaesthetic and drains putting in. It's not rocket science but it is science all the same.

Hope this make sense to anyone thinking of getting one and saving a few quid at the vets. And most wounds that are stapled will need antibiotics as they are likely to become infected: home surgery is no way so clean as a vet job and they use antibiotics on most sutured/stapled wounds: better safe than sorry.

Sorry the charlie: I'm not trying to put people off buying them, just wanting them to know the ins and outs of DIY stapling.

Having worked in a few vet's surgeries, I can say that seeing these things widely advertised gives me the shivers. As SC said, inexperienced users can do A LOT of harm with these. If you get one, be sure you know what you're doing first. Or the vet bill you were trying to avoid will be a lot worse than it might have been if you'd have gone to the vet in the first place.

Guest bullterrier

thats very good advice mate. :thumbs: ..john