Times like this you need a little help. My wife's mother has just got over breast cancer and been told she's got conical arthritis in her knees. She's old skool hard working woman that doesn't like to ask won't swallow her pride but in this day an age and with the government youve got to. She owns her own house but no central heating at the moment money's tight with not been able to work and on this universal credit malarkey what good that is. She tried to get this other benefit call pip. Baring in mind she's worked all her life not asked for nothing got knocked back says you can stand for 8 hours a day conical arthritis ??. She didn't even know how to fill out a form for this bull shit benfit. " Was That bad they wouldn't even help her fill out the forms at her local job center told her go to citizen advice they'll help you or local library ". Baring in mind she's just out of hospital a week or so in recovery from breast cancer ??. She asked for a grant to fit central heating in knocked back again. So I told her I would try my dame hardest to get her central heating. It's a big ask but I told her there is good people in the world Betty just like your self. Even if I can just get labour free would be a God cent to her well me am paying for it ??. So is there any one on here from west Yorkshire way willing to help me help my mother law stay warm at winter. I promise to supply beer for at home. I know if it was on Job nowt would get done lol.  Been there myself doing brick work ? thanks for reading guys an may God be with you in these hard times stay safe you an your family's atb

2 hours ago, sid g said:

get macmillan on board mate they`ll push for heating .. and get help with grants and hand outs .

Cheers pal the misses is going to speak to them. "She's just said to me she didn't think they helped in things like that " just thought  there work was to support you in briefing talking to the cancer patient an family members. Will look into that thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/05/2020 at 19:03, sid g said:

did you get sorted with this ..

No mate she couldn't get help because she wasn't in remission any more at hospital f***ing joke. Not that stress in winter from being cold might triger the cancer back off unbelievable goverment pal.

• 3 months later...