Can you put a cock to two hen goldfinches. Just found out what I thought was a pair of satinets but trun's out its two hens I've bought. Can I put a cock to the two hens in the same pen guys and get results. 

Edited by Bangersanmash

I'd say yes but your'll have a favourite hen and the cock will just use the spare hen as a shag sort of thing when his favourite hen is nesting and she'll be on her own when it comes to rearing them as well ,i used to run a few canary hens in my flights with the native pairs to sort of take the pressure off the native hens when they were nesting as some cocks can hassle their hens off a nest and ruin a brood.It worked for me and the mule nests were a bonus type thing but can you not split them up in a triple breeder and run the cock with one hen one day and the other another day,might very well get better results keeping them as two pairs with one cock rather than a trio as such..

• Like 2

Im doing that pal now hes in with one of the hens now. Guna pull him out at the evening an introduce him back in the morning that's when she starts laying pal. Swap eggs over for dummys until she's layed last one. Then put him in with the other hen. A think she'll be fine bringing the clutch up on her own. Or might try see if he'll keep up with both hens. In the wild the goldie cock has two hen's on the go. So will have a bash.