Barrel pull through&Napier pads.

Just ordered in advance of buying the Remington Sabre TH,a barrel pull through & Napier pads just to remove the transport grease and sludge, before I lead the barrel,now then do I also use a bore cleaner or pull them through dry?

I don't want to cause any dieseling before I start,so what do you knowledgeable people suggest?

sorry for all the questions lately, but if you don't ask........you don't get!!

Spray the cleaner on your patches , 2 for 177 and three for.22 pull through a few time using the same method as the first . Once clean and patches show no sign of grease or any kind of dirty colour on them .

Finally pull through dry patches a few times  then you are ready to relead the barrel 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, patterdale said:

What spray do you recommend?

I've never cleaned any previous rifles I've owned,but found out that new rifles have quite a lot of transport grease and sludge in them.

added to ask do I spray on every pull through until clean or just the first one?

Spray will come with the Napier pull through kit

spray the first patch , which goes into the barrel first . Then once you pulled through , throw the dirty patch away add another and start the process again , until the barrel is clean . Once clean then pull through dry patches one or two times 

15 hours ago, villaman said:

Spray will come with the Napier pull through kit

spray the first patch , which goes into the barrel first . Then once you pulled through , throw the dirty patch away add another and start the process again , until the barrel is clean . Once clean then pull through dry patches one or two times 

Cheers villaman,I didn't buy the Napier kit,I bought pull through and some patches separate off eBay,honesty I didn't fancy paying the £26.00.

Pull through £6.00

65 Napier patches £3.10

That's why I asked what spray do you recommend?