Few hours out

Took my young bedy lurcher and ferrets out local this morning ,

left home on foot with my young lurcher by my side and 2 Jill's  in a box over my shoulder along with spade ,net bag,and stop nets "when did it get so heavy " 

we had only just stepped onto a farm we had to cross to get to were we were going ferreting and a pair of roe slipped through the hedge ,thankfully my lurcher was on her leash and we quickly moved on ,

we ferreted a nice easy place in middle of a sheep field ,holes every were and good signs that some thing was at home ,I let my lurcher loose and left it to her nose ,we passed by two good looking spots but no mark so move on ,

we was coming to a bend in the field when she stopped dead still foot in air looking at a patch old thistles ,I let her have a good sniff around and she marked one hole ,

I put 16 nets down ,and entered a jill i bred few yrs ago and her mam is also out today with her ,the first Jill just seemed to be running through but not searching ,so I picked her up and entered her mum and placed her back in ,

within five mins the lurchers head was going side to side looking and following the bumping we could now both hear ,a blur of fur it a net and within seconds my lurcher was holding the coney she was a bit hard on it but she released it straight away to hand so I don't mind shes young and learning and I rather have a bruised coney than no coney .the hills went on to bolt another two rabbits one of which escaped the other was taken on the run after kicken a net

i decided to pack up and call it a day , over all a great result and I'm really pleased with my young lurcher ,and the pugs ..

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Balaur said:

Great start for a young lurcher, satisfying to get some fur in their mouth. Atb Joe

Thanks joe ,

i was hoping to get a few from this spot ,but coney are really thin on the ground round here ,still two is better than 0 and it's all experince .

atb

• Like 2
On 05/10/2019 at 20:31, Moocher71 said:

Took my young bedy lurcher and ferrets out local this morning ,

left home on foot with my young lurcher by my side and 2 Jill's  in a box over my shoulder along with spade ,net bag,and stop nets "when did it get so heavy " 

we had only just stepped onto a farm we had to cross to get to were we were going ferreting and a pair of roe slipped through the hedge ,thankfully my lurcher was on her leash and we quickly moved on ,

we ferreted a nice easy place in middle of a sheep field ,holes every were and good signs that some thing was at home ,I let my lurcher loose and left it to her nose ,we passed by two good looking spots but no mark so move on ,

we was coming to a bend in the field when she stopped dead still foot in air looking at a patch old thistles ,I let her have a good sniff around and she marked one hole ,

I put 16 nets down ,and entered a jill i bred few yrs ago and her mam is also out today with her ,the first Jill just seemed to be running through but not searching ,so I picked her up and entered her mum and placed her back in ,

within five mins the lurchers head was going side to side looking and following the bumping we could now both hear ,a blur of fur it a net and within seconds my lurcher was holding the coney she was a bit hard on it but she released it straight away to hand so I don't mind shes young and learning and I rather have a bruised coney than no coney .the hills went on to bolt another two rabbits one of which escaped the other was taken on the run after kicken a net

i decided to pack up and call it a day , over all a great result and I'm really pleased with my young lurcher ,and the pugs ..

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1681.JPG

How old is the lurcher fella? Mine is coming 6Months and I was hoping to take her ferreting with me this season. Not planning on open running till next season but though she could get taste for it and get rabbit in nets n that as you say.

14 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

How old is the lurcher fella? Mine is coming 6Months and I was hoping to take her ferreting with me this season. Not planning on open running till next season but though she could get taste for it and get rabbit in nets n that as you say.

She's 20 mts and I started her backend last season and she took few on lamp ,pic is first day out this season ,she soon b out 3 4 times a week once gets colder ,

hope all goes well with your pup ,

atb 

mooch

• Thanks 1