Rock Spots West Wales

Hi all,

Feel a bit cheeky asking this..

But, would anyone know rough locations for rock spots around Carms/Pembs/Ceredigion?

Where the sea is up to the rocks whether it's high or low tide(?).

Recently moved down here and not into fishing but my old man is and wants to bring his rods down one day when he visits, asked me to keep an eye out for the above but I wouldn't have a clue what's good or not.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

On 16/08/2019 at 13:52, MH1 said:

Hi all,

Feel a bit cheeky asking this..

But, would anyone know rough locations for rock spots around Carms/Pembs/Ceredigion?

Where the sea is up to the rocks whether it's high or low tide(?).

Recently moved down here and not into fishing but my old man is and wants to bring his rods down one day when he visits, asked me to keep an eye out for the above but I wouldn't have a clue what's good or not.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Every where is pretty much good from St David's up to Cardigan,i lived that way a few years back and i'd just set off with a small pack along the coastal path and only ever blanked once or twice and that looking back was down to not knowing what i was doing.Just about every rock you can catch pollock,pouting,mackral and sometimes bass from and there's dogfish,bull huss and conger under your feet.Forgot about the fine wrasse you get there and a few times i'd just kick off a limpet and free line it down the side of the rocks and catch some crackers..Iv'e caught bass under the foot bridge in cardigan and around St Davids up to Strumble head it used to be 2 hours before and after high tide for the mackral shoals to pass close enough to be able to feather a few and take a spare rod to chuck out a head and guts as many a big fish follows the mackral about..I still remember the first time i saw the north sea with a fishing rod in my hand after moving from your way and being fcuking gutted ain't even close to how i felt..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, fireman said:

Every where is pretty much good from St David's up to Cardigan,i lived that way a few years back and i'd just set off with a small pack along the coastal path and only ever blanked once or twice and that looking back was down to not knowing what i was doing.Just about every rock you can catch pollock,pouting,mackral and sometimes bass from and there's dogfish,bull huss and conger under your feet.Forgot about the fine wrasse you get there and a few times i'd just kick off a limpet and free line it down the side of the rocks and catch some crackers..Iv'e caught bass under the foot bridge in cardigan and around St Davids up to Strumble head it used to be 2 hours before and after high tide for the mackral shoals to pass close enough to be able to feather a few and take a spare rod to chuck out a head and guts as many a big fish follows the mackral about..I still remember the first time i saw the north sea with a fishing rod in my hand after moving from your way and being fcuking gutted ain't even close to how i felt..

Cheers mate, excellent tips

• Like 1