Pay attention stavross

9 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

It might explain the missing!

Just a thought.

I am ambi dextrous , it's weird. But I can not shoot left handed for toffee.

A friend of mine is a true right handed person but when or if called upon he can shoot perfectly left handed!

You have some nice places to walk stav.

I do everything right handed apart from shoot, I’ve tried right handed and it feels very odd

I can’t think of anywhere else I would rather be no matter what time of year, I love watching how it changes over the seasons, sadly today the missus has had me waxing oak doors all day so no outings today 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longshanx said:

At least someone was paying attention, I've got full concentration face on in that pic?

You were probably watching all them foxes while I was p*ssing around with my phone, I should of taken you with me last night I could of done with someone to keep the flies off me, they would of reached you before me all the way up there ?

• Haha 2

Having the phone can be useful in an emergency but I turn mine off as soon as I get out of the vehicle. The other day I had a  message that 3 people had unfriended me !!! Now considering that I'm not on Facebook or instagram or similar it isn't something that applies to me. I just said " oh dear,  how sad, never mind !That's 3 people that won't be wasting my time. I was out with the spaniel fòr a quick walk around the orchards the other evening ( without a gun). I noticed movement at the end of a row of trees about 150 yards away. Charlie had detected us but couldn't make out what i was, because I was partiality covered and kept still. This standoff lasted for what seemed like minutes, suddenly another charlie that I hadn't seen which had been in plain view but facing away from me broke ranks and  both of them ran off . Even if I had a rifle with me there would have been no shot because there was a road  25 yards behind them. Recently there have been loads of small starters out and they have been really alert and touchy. No wonder if two or more charlies are on full hunting patrol. It's not about the phone, it's the fact that you aren't focused on the task in hand. The times on driven Fox shoots that Charlie has had the knack of finding the person in the line that is smoking, fidgeting about, having a piss, taken the cartridges out to look up the barrels, put the gun down, or a thousand  other reasons rather than paying attention and keeping focused. Failing to identify the target is another thing that is a serious failing and lack of focus.

• Like 2