Request for help

Well here goes!

2008 is now here and I have set my self a target of attaining my dsc 1 and if possible dsc 2. I have been out stalking several times on cull days for both fallow does and red hinds and have been fortunate enough to get a trophy fallow buck. I would now like the independence and responsibility of owning my own rifle/rifles and to be able to stalk unaccompanied. The theoretical side of things and the marksmanship do not worry me a bit, but the carcass handling ie gralloching in the field and then the skinning and butchering is something that I would like to gain more experience of, the more the better as far as I am concerned.

My question is this, would any of you regular stalkers be kind enough to allow me to accompany you on an outing and under your instruction to perform the gralloch if a deer was taken? In return, to show my appreciation I would be happy to help out with any duties or cover travel expenses etc, just let me know what I can do to help.

I am based in Newcastle but willing to travel, say North as far as Berwick on Tweed and South to around Thirsk.

I’m a 40 yr old family man and fully insured BASC member. I am happy to answer any questions at all and will provide you with my full contact details if necessary.

Happy New Year to you all.

Pete.