Shooting Permission Required...

Hi all. I am after somewhere to shoot with my air rifle in the staffordshire area, i currently live in hatton but soon moving to stoke-on-trent so anywhere around these areas is ideal.

Or if anyone in these areas is after a shooting companion?

I am NOT insured but i am more than willing to get insurance or join BASC etc if required.

Thanks,

Gaz.

Is there much about in the way of shooting permission these days? Is it more a case of knowing the farmers/land owners? I appreciate most people on here are not from round staffordshire but can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Gaz.

Guest Lord B

Hi there, there has been a lot written on here about getting permission so without going iver old ground, your best bet would be to A; get insurance ;B get out face to face and start asking farmers ;C have a word at your local gun shop....

But mostly it will come down to who you know and who knows you in the end.

Have a look in the Gamekeeping forum at the "GAMEKEEPERS" link and older ones covering permission/poaching, there should be a lot of into on there.

Anything else you want to know, just ask.

Yeh i think from what ive read BASC sound the best, also they are very well known among all field sports men/women. I dont want to start the BASC vs SACS debate tho, already seen that on another thread!

Cheers for your help.

Gaz

Hi all. I am after somewhere to shoot with my air rifle in the staffordshire area, i currently live in hatton but soon moving to stoke-on-trent so anywhere around these areas is ideal.

Or if anyone in these areas is after a shooting companion?

I am NOT insured but i am more than willing to get insurance or join BASC etc if required.

Thanks,

Gaz.

hi gaz you can also try hotels and industrial estaetes but must have insurance & inform local police to log your there

cos the last thing you want is the armed responce unit on your ass.wich happened to me .but had written permission also insurance on me at the time so it allway pays to take it every where you go

all the best

davy

Hi davey, cheers for the reply. When you say industrial estates and hotels - are these not classed as public places? The industrial estate near me has got roads and pavements and is a bit like a street with buildings if you get me. Or would you shoot inside the actual premises of the business?

Hope you can see where im coming from with with the industrial estate thing, lol.

Gaz

Cheers Pete will try golf clubs, im after anythin i can get my hands on at the moment.

Rob - NGO also looks crackin, i just keep gettin more and more options! Where abouts in staffs are you? Where is your land? Would you consider letting a fellow THL member on with his air rifle? :-)

Thanks, Gaz

Hi Davey, cheers for the reply. When you say industrial estates and hotels - are these not classed as public places? The industrial estate near me has got roads and pavements and is a bit like a street with buildings if you get me. Or would you shoot inside the actual premises of the business?

Hope you can see where im coming from with with the industrial estate thing, lol.

Gaz

hi gaz

on industrial estates you have a public access but the public access ends then your on private property.

once you get permission in writing from the private land owner. just drive round & bowl em over.

usually it is night shooting though so best to inform the police it been an industrial estate & all.

hope this helps

Davy