Since the under growth has risen and the trees are in full leaf hunting opportunity have diminished my usual setup of Orange dub dub and 13mm steel has had little use.

I thought I would turn back to looped 2040 and 9·5mm steel for some informal  plunking fun, dead on at 20m and accurate. However I had a looped 1632 band setup and try that instead, o'boy what a light draw weight ,accurate and silent setup to shoot with the add bonus of been dead on at 35m hitting can for fun. Longevity of the tubes has been good, 750 rounds and still ok. 

I just wonder why more people don't use it. Going to try a few more penetration tests with 8mm lead before try it on quarry

On 8 July 2018 at 09:26, Devon Minnow said:

Since the under growth has risen and the trees are in full leaf hunting opportunity have diminished my usual setup of Orange dub dub and 13mm steel has had little use.

I thought I would turn back to looped 2040 and 9·5mm steel for some informal  plunking fun, dead on at 20m and accurate. However I had a looped 1632 band setup and try that instead, o'boy what a light draw weight ,accurate and silent setup to shoot with the add bonus of been dead on at 35m hitting can for fun. Longevity of the tubes has been good, 750 rounds and still ok. 

I just wonder why more people don't use it. Going to try a few more penetration tests with 8mm lead before try it on quarry

I use a 1742 with a one third loop and find that's as good as tbg with 9.5 mm steel and can go up to 12mm leads if I use it full looped also done a sling bow which worked well with it

image.jpeg

• Like 1
On 10/07/2018 at 16:47, Greyman said:

I use a 1742 with a one third loop and find that's as good as tbg with 9.5 mm steel and can go up to 12mm leads if I use it full looped also done a sling bow which worked well with it

image.jpeg

Never really got on with 1745 but everyone to there own. The draw weight of loop 1632 is so low it makes shoot 9.5mm steel so easy.  The picture below is of my Dankung micro lucky 7 image.thumb.jpg.efe1c9f9eb451e6a5899815818699e76.jpgwith looped 1632