Hw100 potential problem

Evening all. I've just bought a HW100 thumbhole carbine in .177. 

If I fill it to 200 bar and leave it a hour or 2 stored barrel up in the safe the gauge goes down to around 160/170 bar. Never any lower, What could be wrong. Of course it could be me being a novice to pcp air rifles.

Any advice appreciated

Dan,check hammer spring is not overloaded/pre-loaded and sitting hard on valve.re-fill and leaved cocked to check after couple hours.Or your Regulator is creeping/maybe dirty inside.Or slight nick on one of your air-chamber main O rings located each end of cylinder,one gauge end other valve screw in end.Had similar on my FX verminator only dropped to 160bar,was damaged O ring on main tube.

• Thanks 1

Hot air expands so as it cools down it settles to a lower pressure,always best to fill pcp as slow as possible . Fill it slowly then just top up a touch at a time, give it time to settle till its at correct pressure you want it to be.

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1

As Above, you will tend to find Dive shops commonly fill your Dive Bottle whilst in a bath of cold water to get the air in quicker and to full pressure!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1