.410 Ambush on the corvids

On 27/04/2018 at 02:23, Jackdaw said:

Do you not find the Mossberg barrel heavy?

I think even though you have to trade off the 3 shot for a single shot the Baikal,Pedretti guns are much better balanced.

Just got mine It is heavy to walk with, but good in the hide, it’s the sight picture that I need to get used to, 

7 minutes ago, 3175darren said:

Just got mine It is heavy to walk with, but good in the hide, it’s the sight picture that I need to get used to, 

What shells are you using?

Subsonics by any chance?

Lyvale express supreme game are a good shell,so are Fiocchi F410 but a tad noisy.

Eley subsonics are good,but I don't think worth the extra money.And remember if you use subsonic carts they are much slower than standard carts.

11 minutes ago, Jackdaw said:

Just seen your using 28g shells,are u using a 12 gauge hushpower?

No  mate 20 gauge, I will have to have a crack at the clays to get used to looking at the mod, I am thinking of getting a 410 as well,

I had problems when I first got mine,,to the extent I was considering getting rid of it!

But it's the gun I would keep hold of now,the only thing I would say is I find it shoots a little low,incoming birds block them out with the barrel,LR and RL birds just pull through them as with any other gun.I've had some good results lately so the gun and cart are up to the job,just stick with it and it will all come good.

• Like 1