ADVICE ON 12G BLACKPOWDER CARTRIDGE LOADING.

8 hours ago, Underdog said:

The magnum primer won't make any difference and most definitely will light the black powder, heck a fart at the wrong angle will set black powder off!

It is certain smokeless powders that require hot primers but black powder is not one of them and a hot primer will in no way fail to ignite black powder as someone may have suggested to you.

U.

Thanks for the advice but I did not say I had been told the primers would have difficulty igniting the black powder.

Quite the opposite I have read that with a hot primer and small black powder loads the primer may start the load up the barrel before the powder is properly lit. black powder is easy to light but slow to burn.

4 hours ago, DUNKS said:

Thanks for the advice but I did not say I had been told the primers would have difficulty igniting the black powder.

Quite the opposite I have read that with a hot primer and small black powder loads the primer may start the load up the barrel before the powder is properly lit. black powder is easy to light but slow to burn.

4 hours ago, DUNKS said:

It will be fine, honest.  

12 hours ago, Underdog said:
16 hours ago, DUNKS said:

It will be fine, honest.  

Thanks.