My Pig Dogs

Just got a scanner sorted lads, so will get a few old pics up that were taken pre-digital.

This dog has passed on now, but he was the hardest, meanest and one of the greatest dogs I will ever own, the only other was his son who has also passed on know.

Just in response to the link to the Dogo's swinging the pig, they are big dogs and I think there is 4-5 of them on that pig, this bloke was 27 kg and that is all you need if you have the right dog, caught me countless numbers of big pigs over time one out, that is fair sport to me.

This pic was taken after he had been hammered by an 80-90 kg boar in the mountains, but he never let go until I had finished the pig. I had to crawl into a big thorn thicket on hands and knees and was loudly hoping that he wouldn't loose his grip, what was I panicking about, he'd never given up before!

This fella was action personified and is sorely missed.

Hope the pic does him justice.

post-11073-1198749450.jpg.

Thorns

post-11073-1198749576.jpg

Retribution

post-11073-1198750152.jpg

Edited by FJager

Stabs don't know if he will measure up, but you never know, I swear its the English Pointer in the Grandson that is the problem, and too much EBT, be nice to get a good BullxWolfy to put him over.

Cheers Bowers1986, was a top working dog too.

This is a pic of Major's son Ben and his half sister Ruby out of a different mother swinging on an 80 kilo boar caught in wattle regrowth, this pig just did not want to give up, he went to the ground after this photo was taken and we had all started to relax and the buggar got up, it was on again. Major and the little bitches mother had caught a sow and this boar was having a crack when these 2 dogs showed, needless to say he didn't get very far. Ruby was almost identical to her father in looks and drive. As can be seen, with us blokes, is when the first hunter arrives on the seen, they take control of the pigs hind legs, this stops the pigs ability to push forward and overly damage the dogs. Then he can tip it and finish it or another hunter can finish. Just how we do it in Aus anyway.

post-11073-1198819383.jpg

Above Boar, we took him into the open for a decent pic.

post-11073-1198819750_thumb.jpg

Edited by FJager

Just thought I'd post some old pics of Fjager and his brother when I was hunting over there many years ago.

This is FJager's brother with a pig taken very early morning with the help of a 3/4 Dane

a1.jpg

The two brothers with a pig and FJager's old dog Ben. This pig had the sharpest tusks I've ever seen

a2-1.jpg

This pig was over-looked by all of the dogs out that morning except FJager's Ben who knew there was something there. It hit the brambles but we got him!

a3-1.jpg

I think this one was the first pig I ever stuck...seen here held by Fjager's brother

a5.jpg

Same pig with IC's Bonnie and Duke

a6.jpg

This is a pig that the brothers caught when they were out one night sorting out some fencing

a7.jpg

The end of a hard morning!

a8.jpg

a4-1.jpg

IC's Bruno, Duke and Bonnie

a10.jpg

The type of plate the boys were using

a11.jpg

Yeah Simon, some of those pics have DH's handwriting on the back from an old article :thumbs:

FJager that can't be my beer you are holding mate because as you well know I don't drink alcohol :whistling:

Did your Mam like that vodka?

I'm not sure but I think all of those dogs are dead now?? I know Bruno was killed by a roo, Bonnie I'm not so sure about, but she'd be a good age now if she was alive.

Yeah Simoman he was a lump of a dog, his best attribute was he wouldn't start fights, but if needed he would finish them, I think it was the wolfhound that gave him this attitude, yet put his breastplate on and as all he wanted to do was smash a pig and only a pig.

I know you don't drink alcohol mate, you guzzle it! :victory:

Mum loved that Vodka but I think the Mrs warned her of it. :clapper::clapper: Hell its potent, reminded me of Mekong it did. :blink:

Yeah mate, I think most those dogs would probably be gone now, they were good trips and good workers. I have a video on the bramble job that the Big Swede put together, good laugh, especially when we were driving through town and went round that corner and all the pigs fell of the ute. :clapper::clapper:

Thanks for sharing mate :thumbs:

I used to be amazed reading about some of the breeds used in the lines of pig dogs, wolfhounds, Great Danes and various others that we class as useless but you guys use very effectivley. How often do you manage to get out pigging? Do you hunt all year round or just winter time? :thumbs:

Benny was a great dog...and I don't use the word "great" very often. He amazed me at times.

What was the name of J's dog we used on that trip? She was bred the same way wasn't she? And she looked like a bigger version of my Nell.

Just tried that apricot vodka tonight mate....not a patch on the raspberry :thumbdown:

Simon....we don't get out much on the pigs now. I can't talk for FJager, but I am too busy with other things at the moment. No doubt we'll get on it again soon, but we've got other fish to fry :thumbs:

Have you still got the video of that trip FJager? I lent mine out and never got it back :no:

No pics Simon.... :thumbs:

We'll be out on the hares again soon so we'll stick some pics up of that :yes:

As for the vodka then I agree bramble is good but we're a bit stuck for them at the minute. Rasps were available and tasted pretty f*****g amazing ;)