Deer identification by foot print?

Could anyone give me any pointers on how to identify different deer species though there foot print? Namely Fallow, Roe and Muntys.

Just I saw a few yesterday that were quite large and I think could be Fallow. I have heard about a few in my area, but never seen them with my own eyes.

ATB,

H&J :victory:

Could anyone give me any pointers on how to identify different deer species though there foot print? Namely Fallow, Roe and Muntys.

Just I saw a few yesterday that were quite large and I think could be Fallow. I have heard about a few in my area, but never seen them with my own eyes.

ATB,

H&J :victory:

Right then mate -

Muntjac will have a print of roughly 1 inch by 1 inch and pointed .That is to say an inch across the toes and an inch to the back .Very often over trodden by the back foot as they are same tread walkers .

Roe are roughly 1 1/2inch by the same and narrow .

Fallow are a bit bigger than sheep at about 3 inches long and 2 1/2 wide ,point to point .

These will vary slightly according to the ground conditions ,with wet mud showing the rear hock of an animal .I will try to get all 3 in pic form if time allows .