Nearly Home

I'd been out today visiting a few farms, just to see the farmers before christmas wish them all the best, etc :drink: .... I'd put some traps around one farm and finished up so we decided to have a look in a few woods to see if there was much about and try and get some photos, no luck as we bolted a few roe out of the wrong side, they normally always break on the side I was waiting...oh well :doh:... It was starting to get late so headed off home, on the way, spotted five out in a rape field alongside a wood, thought sod the camera :laugh:.. so walked the two fields, waited for a shot and dropped a decent size doe...

roe.jpg

The does seem to be increasing in body weight to previous years .Round my way anyhow .Dont get many under 40lb .Last years average was 36lb .Well done Ian and get it off to the game dealer .Trips back and fourth seem to be my life at the moment . :clapper:

The does seem to be increasing in body weight to previous years .Round my way anyhow .Dont get many under 40lb .Last years average was 36lb .Well done Ian and get it off to the game dealer .Trips back and fourth seem to be my life at the moment . :clapper:

Normally do mate, just couldn't be arsed... so done a hong kong phooey and its in the deep freeze...

Was out today foxy, had a doe in the cross hairs, I was just under the brow of a hill and could of pulled the trigger but I needed to be further up the bank as I had a chance of hitting some crop...along comes farmer in an argo and spooks it, tracked it two fields and thought it had slipped back in the wood...unclipped the magazine and out it pops from a hedgeline... :doh: backtracked it self and slipped over a fence with another that must of been hidden....they've been around the same spot for ages, I just haven't touched them really...next time I'm home maybe :D