Saluki Crosses

Guest Smoothy
j darcy u r most welcome 2 give me advise anytime [bANNED TEXT] as ive said many times on various sites im bloody rubbish with training :cry:  :D  but i love the dog and hes great indoors and shows plenty of love bak, bloodt good job 2  :lol:

i think 1 main mistake i made was training 3 dogs at once :cry:  sheperd x has done well whippet x coming on slowly and yes u got it the saluki x very very very slow :cry:  anyway rant over thanks all the same  bb.

Ran a pure saluki from the N.E and i found him to be a normal well beaved dog.He had plenty of pace and did,nt need big land to kill his hares.Hunted up on moors and dales and ran him on slip on the fens.Only thing he would,nt takle was fox but had a feathered unregisted bitch at the same time and she LOVED them!

The TRUTH is they are the best hare dogs and essential for the fens in winter,no other dog will run 3-5 strong hares on the heavy or otherwise,no one gives big money or enters serious competitions with ANYTHIG else.Not disin other crosses cos they have their own niches to fill. SALUKILAD was SPOT ON when he said their middle eastern lurchers cos by the same merit what were runnin now are in fact english salukis! bred for our running conditions.I can recite my current dogs breeding back generations as well as any arab or bedowin.I have a book by Gail Goodwin about 4" inches thick with salukis from all over the world in,the dogs look EXACTLEY THE SAME AS KIPPERS,NUTTALS,ETC. The lad i run with has a 7/8 bred saluki dog that would grace the main ring at crufts the ONLY difference is out in the field.Were an arab to see this dog and his K.C registered conterpart (conterfit?) run i know wich one he would pronounce "asil" (true saluki) and want to take home with him!

• 3 weeks later...

Guest noksun1

i am new to all this but after going out a few times with jjbull had to get me a dog so i bought one off some country folk near newcastle she's got a great temprement and really loving she is 6 month old and stands 25 inches,on the training side she's quite good but some times wont recall whilst out walking any tips would be appreciated thanks. :good:

i've got a young saluki grey at the moment, very lively and keen, he sits, stays, lays, recalls, and carrys, only thing i'm having trouble with is retrieveing.. if i was to get another lurcher, i would either get another salukix or a dog with wheaton blood in its make-up purely for game that bites back.

murphy6months023di.th.jpg

• 3 years later...
Guest jimbobsweeney
This is Mink, a sister to Willow, above. Both bred by myself, raised by myself in exactly the same manner and yet Mink is nervy with traffic, strangers and unusual situations, although she will return to my side at the gallup provided I'm on my own. This bitch injured a toe on the fist day out this season on hard stubble and so has been laid off since and done nothing. Only started excercising again in december.

DSCN0375.jpg

Well i have Saluki Xs and have never encountered any problems. This is the cross that suits my needs. Mine take all quarry.

00003740ps.jpg

This Munti and fox was caught this morning.

00003832ci.jpg

00002399kj.jpg

Not bad as he is 7 years old now. Got two new recruits to keep me busy for a while. Fingers crossed. :good:

thats a good wan you got there. slookis are the best hounds